History Teacher South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
History Teacher South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Woodlands International College is a prominent and established co-educational private school located on the East Rand of Gauteng. The College currently serves approximately 1 100 learners, comprising of a Pre-Primary College (12 months-Gr 0), Junior College (Gr 1-6), and Senior College (Gr 7- 12).
We are currently recruiting for a History Teacher to work within the Social Sciences department of the Senior College. The ideal candidate will be a teacher who is well entrenched in the IEB environment, and has a proven and successful track record in teaching HISTORY up to the Grade 12 Level, but with an interest and ability to develop critical skills in the Senior Phase (grades 7-9). Teaching responsibilities will include teaching HISTORY in grades 8 to 12.
- Uphold the ethos of mutual respect, professionalism and academic excellence in the Senior College.
- Use statistical data and industry best practise to produce an industry leading classroom product.
- Contribute to the integrity and implementation of moderation processes and the relevant quality control systems in the department.
- Contribute to a professional and dynamic working environment within the College at large.
- Contribute to, and participate in the co-curricular programme of the school.
- Remain connected and informed of all industry matters, particularly pertaining to ISASA and the IEB.
- Be actively involved in IEB marking, moderation and/or other IEB operations.
- Build and manage working relationships with parents and other strategic partners of the Senior College, including the staff and leadership bodies of the Pre-Primary and Junior Colleges.
- Aspire to excellence in all matters related to curriculum, assessment and classroom dynamics, with 21st Century learning paradigms in mind.
Teachers at Woodlands International College are required to be the embodiment of the 21st century educator. Our educators and staff are role models to our students, and are subsequently required to act with the utmost professionalism and integrity at all times.
All applications must please be sent in confidence to our Principal, Mrs H Bonaretti via the email address below.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 18 November 2021
COMMENCEMENT DATE: 1 January 2022
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Woodlands International College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.