Early Childhood Instructional Coach South Africa teaching Jobs 2021
Ubuntu School Early Childhood Instructional Coach
Early Childhood Instructional Coach South Africa teaching Jobs 2021 | Who We Are: Ubuntu Pathways
Ubuntu Pathways is a global NGO with headquarters in Gqeberha, South Africa and overseas offices in New York and London. Ubuntu Pathways is dedicated to working with the people of the Eastern Cape Province to develop quality education and healthy communities in the new South Africa. For more about the Ubuntu Pathways, refer to http://www.ubuntupathways.org. Ubuntu Pathways is an equal opportunity employer and preference is given to candidates whose appointment will promote representivity
This Port Elizabeth, Zwide based NGO has the following vacancy for which an excellent basic salary and benefits are being offered.
The Ubuntu School offers students an exceptional education and a transformational pathway out of poverty. Our team instills confidence, creative expression, character growth, and social skills through a flexible, evolving, and child-driven learning model. Through a nurturing environment, high-quality instruction, and world-class wraparound support, we provide everything South Africa’s most vulnerable children need to thrive.
The Early Childhood Instructional Coach will provide instructional support and coaching to teachers as they provide a social and emotional emergent play based experience for children. The Coach’s primary role is to provide coaching to teachers and assistants for improving early learning environments and supporting effective teaching strategies in the classroom that lead to positive outcomes for children.
As an advisor to teachers and part of the leadership team, the Coach is responsible for four main areas: a) observing instructional delivery and providing feedback to enhance and support the development of each teacher’s content area b) supporting teachers in play based emergent curriculum through modeling and support, c) analyzing data in order to modify curriculum and forms of assessment to meet students’ needs, and d) working with staff (grade level chairs, assistant principals, principals) in the school to support sharing of best practices.
The Ubuntu School is looking for someone who models flexibility, passion, and commitment to supporting and building others. This person needs to have a deep understanding and commitment to progressive education and be able to dive into a new curriculum that they may be unfamiliar with. This person will encourage reflection, provide guidance and structure, and focus on teacher strengths and accountability.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the teachers and administrators to strategically create and implement a plan to increase student achievement.
- Work with various teams (administrators, teachers) to facilitate analysis of data provided by diagnostics, common assessments, and formative assessments. Help teacher teams develop both school-wide and classroom intervention plans.
- Continuously monitor, track and analyze student achievement data in order to identify needed supports and strategies.
- Assist teachers in understanding Ubuntu’s mission, core values and progressive education
- Teach/model lessons in classrooms on a daily/weekly basis, teaching lessons side-by-side with teachers
- Work closely with school principal and care team to organize professional development plans/sessions, orientations and training programs for staff
- Observe teachers’ lessons and provide feedback for professional growth and students’ success
- Design systems, structures and coaching plans to improve student performance and teaching strategies
- Work to create an effective learning community and demonstrate progress through weekly coaching documentation
- Coaches teaching teams both together and separately for the purpose of creating high-quality early learning environments
- Provides constructive feedback and on-site support for teaching practices for the purpose of increasing teacher confidence and competence. This may include modeling, co-teaching, observing, providing reading materials or other resources as needed.
- Collaborates with a variety of groups and/or individuals (e.g. center director, mental health specialist, special needs coordinator, and teaching teams, etc.) for the purpose of improving the quality of child outcomes, developing solutions, planning curriculum, and continuous improvement.
- Composes a wide variety of materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, policies, work schedules, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Gather and record information about teacher’s implementation of practices described in goals/actions plans for the purpose of summarizing and displaying data for professional development.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending early childhood workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, and participating in professional groups. Researches a variety of information (e.g. current practices, laws, etc.) for the purpose of improving classroom learning environments for children.
- Participates in and facilitates a variety of meetings (e.g. staffing, training, special projects, committees, evaluations, site and/or content area meetings, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Analyze and aggregate multiple sources of data to identify professional development needs and ensure progress toward the agency’s school readiness goals.
- Plan, develop, and implement professional development opportunities for education staff based on individual, site, and program-level data; Assure that needed resources, materials and technical assistance are available to assist educational staff in the provision of high-quality services.
- Adheres to and upholds the Employee Code of Conduct and Parent Code of Conduct.
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision, goals and objectives of Ubuntu Pathways and the Ubuntu School
- Demonstrated ability to work with young children and families from diverse racial/cultural populations
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years teaching experiences in a Preschool or Foundational Phase Setting
- Familiarity with play based emergent curriculum
- Knowledge of and experience with student-centered curriculum, instruction, and assessment, as well as progressive education
- A deep understanding of early childhood development
- Experience working with adult learners, coaching teachers, and delivering professional development.
- Excellent judgment, growth mindset, communication, and creative problem-solving skills
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive working style
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, and resourceful outlook – demonstrated willingness to do whatever it takes to help our students reach a level of academic excellence
- Ability to model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and understanding
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the Ubuntu School mission and willingness to serve the Ubuntu School community
- Understanding of challenges and opportunities in a start-up school environment
- Completion of a background check
- Master’s degree in curriculum and instruction and educational leadership preferred, but not required
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the “subject” section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within fourteen (14) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
The closing date for all applications is Friday 29th October 2021
Ubuntu Pathways, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognizing and accepting this disclaimer.
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Grade 4 6 English Educator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Maths Teacher South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Aftercare Supervisor South Africa Jobs 2021
Apprentice Teachers Ormonde South Africa Teaching Jobs 2022
Apprentice Teachers Ruimsig South Africa Teaching Jobs 2022
ECD Substitute Teacher Paulshof South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Art & Design Graduate Apprentice South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Computer Science Graduate Apprentice South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Foundation Phase Teacher Paulshof South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Intermediate Phase Literacy Teacher Northriding South Africa Teaching Jobs
Intermediate Phase Teacher Grade 4 6 Boksburg South Africa teaching Jobs
Intermediate Phase Teacher Grade 4 6 Paulshof South Africa teaching Jobs
Primary School Afrikaans Teacher Boksburg South Africa teaching Jobs
Setswana Teacher Boksburg South Africa teaching Jobs
Associate Dean of Instruction Paulshof South Africa teaching Jobs
Literacy Instructional Coach South Africa teaching Jobs
Science Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs
Afrikaans Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs
Business Studies Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs
English Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs
Humanities Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs 2021