isiZulu Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs 2021
isiZulu Teacher, Secondary School (Midrand)
isiZulu Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs 2021 | Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar isiZulu Teacher to teach secondary school grades 8- 9 at our New high school in Midrand, South Africa in 2022! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century and be apart of building a foundation in a new school.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit http://www.novapioneer.com.
About the Role
We are looking for a Resident Teacher to teach isiZulu to grades 8 – 9. Second language teachers lead instruction of their language across multiple grades and classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way. Resident teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey – observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching. Resident teachers support and mentor apprentice teachers.
See below to learn more about the teaching model at Nova Pioneer.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for Apprentices teachers
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfill supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- SACE registered
- Must have professional experience teaching isiZulu or Majored in isiZulu in your Degree
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading and writing in the language of instruction (isiZulu)
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage
- Ability to lead a classroom independently
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem-solving
- You are adept at using technology for instruction
How to Apply:
- Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
- To apply, please complete the form on this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.