Science Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs
Science Teacher, Secondary School (Midrand)
Science Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs | Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Physical Science teacher to teach secondary school grades at our new High School based in Midrand, South Africa! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century and be apart of building a foundation in a new school.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit http://www.novapioneer.com.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Science Resident Teacher to start January 2022. Resident teachers lead instruction and planning for subject or grade level classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way. Resident teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey by observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching. Resident teachers support and mentor apprentice teachers.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Deliver exceptional, real world, enquiry-based Physical Science lessons that align with the
- Cambridge Mathematics curriculum requirements
- Prepare students to sit for IGCSE, AS and A-level exams.
- Design rigorous lesson plans
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for new teachers
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress
- Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans to enhance teaching practices
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection
- Communicate regularly with parents through email, telephone and parent-teacher conferences
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including occasional morning, evening and weekend events
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Physical Science or similar degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) is ideal. We are also open to candidates who have a Bachelors of Education degree with a focus on teaching Science at the senior school level
- You have taken Science major to the third year level at university
- You have taught Science at the senior school level (Grade 8 – 12 experience)
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge or IEB curriculum objectives ideal
- SACE registered
- Ability to lead a classroom independently
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving
- You are adept at using technology for instruction
Required Supporting documents:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- ID Document / Passport with valid work permit
- Valid SACE certificate
- Qualifications & Transcripts
- Police Clearance – not older than 6 months
How to Apply:
- Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
- To apply, please complete the form on this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.