Business Studies Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs
Business Studies Teacher, Secondary School (Midrand)
Business Studies Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs | Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Business Studies Teacher to teach secondary school grades 8- 9 at our New high school in Midrand, South Africa in 2022! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century and be apart of building a foundation in a new school.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit http://www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an exceptional Business Studies Teacher to teach our senior grades (8 – 9). Resident teachers lead instruction of their language across multiple grades and classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way. Resident teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey – observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching. Resident teachers support and mentor apprentice teachers.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for Apprentices teachers
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfill supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- You have taken an Economics, Business Science or Business Management major to the 3rd year level at university.
- SACE registered
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage.
- Ability to lead a classroom independently
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving
- You are adept at using technology for instruction
HOW TO APPLY
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Grade 4 6 English Educator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Maths Teacher South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Aftercare Supervisor South Africa Jobs 2021
Apprentice Teachers Ormonde South Africa Teaching Jobs 2022
Apprentice Teachers Ruimsig South Africa Teaching Jobs 2022
ECD Substitute Teacher Paulshof South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Art & Design Graduate Apprentice South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Computer Science Graduate Apprentice South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Foundation Phase Teacher Paulshof South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Intermediate Phase Literacy Teacher Northriding South Africa Teaching Jobs
Intermediate Phase Teacher Grade 4 6 Boksburg South Africa teaching Jobs
Intermediate Phase Teacher Grade 4 6 Paulshof South Africa teaching Jobs
Primary School Afrikaans Teacher Boksburg South Africa teaching Jobs
Setswana Teacher Boksburg South Africa teaching Jobs
Associate Dean of Instruction Paulshof South Africa teaching Jobs
Literacy Instructional Coach South Africa teaching Jobs
Science Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs
Afrikaans Teacher South Africa teaching Jobs