Personal Assistant to the College Head South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Personal Assistant to the College Head
Personal Assistant to the College Head South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Uplands is an independent, co-educational school operating under the auspices of the Anglican Church, offering quality, holistic schooling to pupils from Grade 0000 to 12, with outstanding boarding from Grade 4 upwards. Uplands has a proven record of accomplishment of success as a contemporary school with almost 100 years of timeless quality and values.
Uplands seeks to appoint a professional and passionate Personal Assistant, whose strengths will lie in having good clerical, secretarial and administrative skills as well as good verbal & written communication.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess a post Matric Qualification in Office Management and/or Secretarial Administration.
- Have more than 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a school environment.
- Uphold the vision, values and aims of the school and actively contribute to its development.
- Work effectively in a school office setting characterised by frequent direct and indirect interruptions.
- Maintain the Head’s calendar and organise and/or attend meetings.
- Take minutes of meetings and publish these minutes in a timely fashion.
- Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests and handle them when appropriate.
- Have experience in using databases, preferably school’s databases.
- Work in collaboration with the Admissions Office in arranging and facilitating tours for families interested in joining the school.
- Be well written and spoken in the English language.
- Be mature, empathetic and professional in dealing with pupils, staff and parents.
- Possess integrity, recognise, and maintain confidentiality.
- Be punctual, dependable and trustworthy.
Commencement date: 01 January 2022 or ASAP
Uplands is an equal opportunities employer. Submission of a CV does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and Uplands reserves the right not to make an appointment.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates are requested to apply by submitting a CV not exceeding three pages and the contact details of two referees to the email address below.
Should you not have received a response from Uplands within two weeks following the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please use the reference: PAC2022
Uplands, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.