Head of Sport College South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Head of Sport – College
Head of Sport College South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Oakhill School, a co-educational day school situated in the beautiful town of Knysna, on the Garden Route, seeks to appoint a Head of Sport of remarkable quality in the College. The school has an outstanding academic record, with a 100% pass rate in the IEB examination since its inception. Oakhill also has a fine reputation in sport, music, art and drama.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach in the high school, IEB experience is an advantage
- Become part of a dynamic academic programme as well as oversee the high school sports programme
- Have expertise in both summer and winter sports
- Be able to build sound relationships with parents, staff and children
- Be able to work in a high pressured environment
- Lead a team and collaborate with sports coaches and administrators
- Have excellent administration and organisational skills
- Be innovative in the use of technology to enhance learning and teaching
- Be skilled at facilitating classes with a diversity of learning needs
- Pay attention to detail
- Possess strong leadership ability
- Have a passion for sport
- Be willing to work weekends and holidays as required
- Have proven academic record and current SACE accreditation
- This position reports to the Director of School Sport
Please submit a CV with a covering letter by email to the Heads’ PA, Lyndall Hill at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 10 November 2021.
The starting date for this position is ideally January 2022, or as soon thereafter as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us
by 19 November 2021 your application can be considered unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence against a child or mentally disabled person as well as provide a police clearance certificate and consent to inspect your criminal records.
Oakhill School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.