Business Studies Teacher at ADvTECH Schools South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Teacher College Crawford Business Studies
Business Studies Teacher at ADvTECH Schools South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | The ADvTECH Schools Division leads the private sector in the field of education,
contributing meaningfully towards the sustainable development of human capacity in South Africa.
We seek to make the following appointment at
Crawford Schools – Lonehill College
Reporting to: Principal
The ADvTECH Schools Division leads the private sector in the field of education, contributing meaningfully towards the sustainable development of human capacity in South Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree (NQF 7) and PGCE/HDE or B.Education [FET/GET] with specialization in the subjects to be taught at the correct level
- Valid SACE certificate
- Police Clearance
- 3-5 years Teaching Experience.
- 3-5 years Subject Specialization
- Familiarity with IB curriculum and enquiry-based approach to teaching and learning
- IEB teaching experience and matric marking
- First Aid
Key Purpose Statement
- To plan, implement and assess appropriate instructional programs in a high school environment that guide and encourage students to develop and fulfill their academic potential and prepare them for life.
- To build and maintain meaningful relationships with students, parents and peers to foster positive interaction and promote student retention.
- To create and maintain a learning environment and culture that embraces future focused education and one in which students are motivated, inspired and challenged. Uses a range of relevant and recognized approaches to maximize the personal, physical and psycho-social development of every student allowing them to experience a personalized learning journey.
- To demonstrate strength of character, integrity and professionalism at all times. To communicate and collaborate with all members of the learning community in a positive, respectful and open-minded way.
- As a life long learner to continually undertake personal inquiry, reflection and action to inform their practice and understanding of teaching and learning and remain abreast of trends in global education to ensure the provision of a locally and global education.
- To develop and encourage agency to empower students.
- To create opportunities inside and outside the classroom to allow students to master future focused skills.
Academic Delivery (40%)
- Keeps abreast of future focussed educational trends, academics intentionally incorporating them into teaching and learning practices aligned with Crawford Pillars.
- Implements the school curriculum and other teaching strategies in planning for challenging, engaging, inspiring, relevant, and differentiated learning locally and globally.
- Plans, prepares, and delivers lesson to meet the needs of individuals or groups of students to enable them to progress incrementally as part of personalised learning journey.
- Enriches teaching and learning by including frequent use of technology and additional learning resources as well as engaging and stimulating teaching practices.
- Sets tasks which challenge students, are time appropriate and sustain high levels of interest.
- Prepares and/or ensures classrooms are appropriately set up in accordance with lesson plans and 21ST Century learning practices aligned with future focused skills.
- Ensures the effective and efficient deployment of classroom technology to enhance the teaching and learning taking place. Enriches the curriculum and teaching programme by making lessons more exciting through the usage of exciting and stimulating teaching practices and appropriate learning aids including technology.
- Identifies relevant enrichment and extension opportunities to support set curriculum content and creatively deliver it.
- Provides meaningful opportunities to develop skills to support content and application in relation to mindfulness and critical thinking and discernment.
- Collaborates, plans, liaises, and reflects with different members of the learning community as well as other teachers in the grade.
- Provides academic support to individuals or small groups of students as identified through ongoing formative and summative assessments. This support should be available to students until 16h00 or before school.
- Shows an ongoing commitment to “lifelong learning” and remains informed on current strategies, relevant practice, and appropriate pedagogical approaches, and is readily available to attend appropriate development/training.
Academic Assessment and Reporting (20%)
- Assesses and records students’ progress continuously and systematically and keeps records up to date in mark book/personal file, STASY, forming an in depth knowledge of each student in the class.
- Meets academic standards as defined by Central Academics and Crawford International Academic strategy
- Assesses and monitors student performance and progress, using data driven decision making and defines next steps in the personalised learning journey. Integrates this information into future planning
- Undertakes, teaching and learning assessment of students as required by Academics Department as well as Crawford International assessment expectations.
- Provides feedback and reports for parents, Principals and/or Academics Department throughout the year (STASY, Inquiry Units, Other)
- Participates in the moderation and standardisation process, of formal assessments. Participate in team marking, clusters and IEB moderation as required.
Student Behaviour Management (15%)
- Manages student behaviour in the classroom by establishing rules, essential agreements, and procedures as expected behaviours.
- Maintains good philosophy of Crawfordology to guide expectations of behaviour.
- Promotes personal, social, physical, and emotional well-being of individual students, groups of students, through mentorship program.
- Provides guidance and advice to students and parents.
- Identifies students who may have barriers to learning and inform the appropriate people to initiate the next steps to support individual progress.
School Brand Ambassadorship (15%)
- Knows and demonstrates the Crawford International mission statement and embracing Crawford International DNA.
- Acts as a role model with regard to work ethic, attitude and professionalism, Embracing the Crawford DNA
- Assists with additional offerings, duties and extra murals, assemblies and other events taking place across Crawford International. Attends and supports a range of school activities and events.
- Promotes the good reputation of the school and Brand both internally and externally and is readily available to market the school at Open Days, exhibitions etc.
- Contributes to the professional development of new teachers and student teachers/ interns as required.
- Submits articles for newsletters or School magazine/ yearbook, social media or other as requested.
Monitors student multiform and maintains agreed expectations with respect to the Crawford International code of conduct.
- Collaborate and Contributes to the Crawford International brand through active participation in activities and meetings to elevate the Crawford International division and strategy.
- Assists with plans for excursions by obtaining all the relevant approvals and liaises with service providers, where required.
- Keeps and maintains the Crawford International learning space as dynamic learning environment.
- Where applicable, conduct inventory activities of consumables and equipment to monitor usage and ensure availability as required. Repair and replacement
- Advises Principal and management team if substitution is required and assists with substitution as requested.
- Follows the annual and termly plans and advises if adjustments are required.
- Adhere to all processes and procedures pertaining to the efficient and effective operation of the school policies
- Demonstrated planning and organisation skills with superior detail orientation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal abilities and with professional presentation skills
- A proven track record of managing professional relationships with maturity and high EQ
- The incumbent must present themselves professionally and in alignment with the brand message.
- Professional time management is a minimum requirement of the role.
- Demonstrated evidence of the ability to think critically and problem solve appropriately.
It is expected that if Educators are interested in growing their management and leadership competence, they will become proficient in the following competencies:
- Commercial Aptitude – Understanding the bigger picture and all the facets incorporated into leading a school.
- Strategic Thinking – Ability to create strategic plans that sets the school up for a sustainable future.
- Execution – Understanding how to translate strategic plans into day-to-day executable activities.
- Customer Orientation – Patience and understanding of what parents and students want and need, and how best to facilitate these.
- Collaborative Relationships – Respect for peers and the ability to build collaborative partnerships with other senior leaders, vendors, suppliers and customers.
- Decision Making – Ability to make data-rich, informed decisions, and proactively taking advantage of opportunities as they arise.
- Capability Building – Ability to coach and provide feedback and guidance. The ability to actively develop others and have difficult conversations as needed.
- Performance Leadership – Unites people behind a strong vision and leads the team in executing on goals and achieving stretch objectives.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – Aware of how their actions impact others’. Ability to influence others and build relationships.
ADvTECH, in line with POPIA(Protection of Personal Interest Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognizing and accepting this disclaimer.
Please apply online via the ADvTECH Career Portal:
(If you do not have an existing account on the ADvTECH Career Portal, you will need to register on their website. You do not need to register on the ISASA site)
ADvTECH is an equal opportunity employer. Only successful candidates will be notified. Preference will be given to EE candidates.