Head of isiZulu FAL and Intermediate Teacher South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Head of isiZulu (FAL) and Intermediate Teacher
Head of isiZulu FAL and Intermediate Teacher South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | THE RIDGE IS A LEADING INDEPENDENT BOYS’ PREPARATORY SCHOOL
We have a vacancy for the following position:
The Ridge School is committed to strengthening and enriching boys learning through innovative teaching and consolidating on best teaching methods that put the boy and his goals for the future at the center of all learning experiences. Equally important is to empower boys to identify and solve problems, bridge content across traditional “subject” domains, and develop an unshakable growth mindset. We define innovation as design processes and teaching practices that challenge traditional norms and assumptions.
These can take the form of new strategies or iterations of existing strategies.
- Professional qualifications and affiliations as required for working in a schooling environment.
- Varied experience, both in classroom settings and outside of schools, having demonstrated ability to independently develop professional connections and skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in listening and understanding needs, as well as in introducing new ideas.
- Someone with a solid understanding of learning and how it happens.
- Provide inspiration and support for staff and boys in developing and implementing new innovative learning opportunities in the isiZulu department. Connect with staff and boys to support their growth from their own starting point and at their own pace.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of learning, the ability to use research and being able to use evidence in order to make decisions and drive the changes made to the curriculum.
- Be involved in the extramural programme of the school.
- Create safe physical and emotional spaces for boys to explore and develop their understanding and use of isiZulu. Support a cultural shift towards more collaboration.
- Establish long-term and quarterly goals for innovation growth milestones within the community.
The closing date for applications is Friday 12 November 2021
Only the online application needs to be submitted at this time:
CV submissions will not be accepted.
THE RIDGE SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The School reserves the right not to make an appointment and an application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from The Ridge School within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
The Ridge School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognizing and accepting this disclaimer.