Household Operations Manager South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Household Operations Manager South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Established in 1879, St Mary’s Diocesan School for Girls is an independent Anglican School situated in Hillcrest, Pretoria. The school prides itself on achieving a balance between the spiritual, moral, academic, cultural and physical development of its learners and enjoys an excellent reputation, nationally and internationally. We provide a caring, unique and dynamic educational environment for day scholars from Grade 0 to Grade 12 and boarders from Grade 5 to Grade 12.
Applications are invited for this position available:
HOUSEHOLD OPERATIONS MANAGER
Reporting to the Director of Boarding
St Mary’s DSG (Pretoria) seeks to appoint a passionate, experienced and organised Household Operations Manager. You will be working with an amazing team of staff, which include catering, laundry and cleaning staff that are vibrant, outgoing and are welcoming to guidance and instruction.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with recruitment and selection of staff
- Monitor and manage performance of staff
- Plan and oversee staff development
- Manage interpersonal relationships
- Ensure staff follow and adhere to OHS regulations
- Ensure the provision of quality food and service for all meals and functions for the school, to specific dietary requirements
- Plan menus and execute functions in accordance with St Mary’s DSG’s standards
- Manage customer service
Laundry & Cleaning Services
- Work in collaboration with general household services
- Ensure that general household services are delivered according to requirements
- Mentor and support the laundry manager
- Liaise with Contractors regarding service delivery
- Ensure that hygiene standards comply with School and statutory requirements
- Ensure effective security procedures and policies are in place and communicated to relevant parties
- Ensure that OHS Act regulations are adhered to
- Be knowledgeable of COVID 19 protocols
- Update and ensure staff records comply to statutory requirements
- You will have good knowledge of food hygiene and health and safety standards, ensuring food hygiene standards are met and maintained in line with relevant policies, protocols, procedures and legislation
- Work with Dietitian to ensure nutritional needs are met
- Prepare and submit weekly stock take and costings report
- Prepare, monitor and submit budget, figures and journals as required, including event and function costings
- Ensure accurate and timeous completion of all administrative work
- Supervision of employees, including allocation of duties, work schedules and training
- Plan, cost and send out menus according to requirements for all meals and functions in conjunction with the School dietician’s report
- Manage all Household budget requirements as well as costings for functions and events
- Leading and motivating a team with the ability of bringing in innovations and keep up with current food trends
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and staff
- The ability to influence and gain commitment, as well as demonstrating a high level of customer focus
- Strong leadership style with a focus on supporting, training and developing employees
- Strong IT skills with a sound understanding of HR procedures
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of planning and organizational skills, with great attention to detail
- Meticulous at administration
- 5 years’ experience in catering, laundry and cleaning services in a School environment
- 3-5 years’ staff management experience
- Hospitality Management or related qualification
- Basics for Food Handlers for the Person in Charge Level 2
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- MS Office and Cuisine for Units software
- Valid driver’s license
- Good working knowledge of a school an advantage
Please clearly mark the position you are applying for and forward your CV and motivation letter to e-mail: email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you had not heard from us in 2 weeks, your application will have been unsuccessful. An application in itself does not guarantee an interview.
In applying for this post, please attach a comprehensive CV and cover letter.
All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials, illicit Criminal and Credit Checks.
CVs that do not speak to the position directly will not be accepted.
No application will be considered after the closing date.
St Mary’s Diocesan School for Girls reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
St Mary’s Diocesan School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.
St Mary’s Diocesan School for Girls, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognizing and accepting this disclaimer.