HOD History Grade 10 to12 and Social Sciences Grade 7 to 9 South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
HOD History Grade 10-12 and Social Sciences Grade 7-9
HOD History Grade 10 to12 and Social Sciences Grade 7 to 9 South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Introduction:
Somerset West Private School was established with the firm belief that all learners have the ability to fare well academically. SWPS strives towards the provision of comprehensive academic education and take great pride in our academic accolades. Our five Core Values are Empowerment, Transparency and Integrity, Excellence, Ubuntu and Life-long Learning and Continuous Improvement (Innovation).
Somerset West Private School seeks to appoint an educator in the following position:
Commencement date: 01 February 2022
Reporting to: Principal and Academic Head
- Have a degree a BA degree majoring in History and a PGCE (Senior and FET phase) or B.Ed majoring in History
- Have a valid SACE registration
- Have a police/sexual offenders clearance certificate
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 2 years teaching experience
- Knowledge of the CAPS and IEB curriculum delivery
- HOD experience
- Computer literacy is imperative
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills for setting up assessments
- Be able to teach effectively on Google Classroom
- Online teaching skills
- Ability to work effectively and comfortably on shared drives example: Google Drive and One Drive
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to lead curriculum planning
- Co-ordinate suitable and innovative interventions and strategies to promote effective teaching and learning
- Willingness to teach other subjects as per the school’s operational requirements
- Willingness to teach extra classes outside normal school hours
- Very strong communication skills (verbal, written & presentation)
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Effective time management
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Passionate about the subjects taught
- Driven to achieve the best results possible for learners
- High EQ
- Ability to build relationships
- Responsiveness to change
- Manage the classroom to create an educational atmosphere in the classroom
- Leadership qualities
- Demonstrates initiative
- Be au fait with the latest trend in teaching methodology
Somerset West Private School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
Please submit your CV with contactable reference, as well as certified copies of your qualifications, ID document, SACE certificate and police clearance to the email address below.
Somerset West Private School reserves the right not to proceed with filling the post.
Candidates not contacted should consider their application unsuccessful.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment.