AISJ K to12 Technology Integration Coach South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
AISJ K-12 Technology Integration Coach
AISJ K to12 Technology Integration Coach South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Campus Johannesburg Campus
Direct Supervisor High School Principal
The American International School of Johannesburg is committed to fostering justice, equity, diversity and inclusion throughout our school community, and we are continually furthering our practices and behaviors as we strive to live these ideals.
Child Protection Statement
AISJ maintains strong child protection policies & procedures, this ensures that our students can pursue their education in a safe, secure, and caring environment. All faculty and staff are required to undergo criminal background checks, attend annual training sessions and sign a safeguarding agreement.
AISJ is committed to a constructivist, inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning that promotes the development of critical-thinking. An effective technology and information literacy framework requires children to think, make connections and be active participants in their learning. With conceptual and inquiry-based teaching and learning, students are engaged in interesting, authentic learning experiences building on prior knowledge and understandings.
The curriculum at AISJ drives students to develop a technology and information literacy mind-set that they creatively apply to their learning. The purpose of the integration of technology and information literacy in the AISJ teaching and learning program is highly effective teaching practices and improved learning. Teachers and students are empowered to purposefully and effectively leverage technology and information literacy capabilities within the context of evolving practice at AISJ.
The Technology Integration Coach Position:
The primary responsibility will be as a coach and mentor supporting the professional growth and development of classroom and specialist teachers in the promotion of best practices as they relate to the integration of technology and information literacy within teaching and learning. The Technology Integration Coach will be required to use an extensive knowledge of pedagogy to coach and support teachers in their craft, consistent with division goals.
The role of the Technology Integration Coach is complex, but also presents an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative school that is committed to promoting best practices in technology and information literacy.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- an appropriate teaching certification (Bachelor, Master, Doctorate, Teacher Certification)
- a minimum of five years successful classroom teaching experience (2+ years of overseas experience preferred)
- successful experience integrating technology and information literacy into classroom programs to enhance teaching and learning
- successful experience in effectively coaching with classroom teachers: analyzing student data, co-planning; co-teaching; reflecting on practice
- successful experience in curriculum articulation, incorporating technology and information literacy in the desired results, assessments and learning experiences in units of learning using backwards design
- experience working with a diverse range of students including those with EAL, learning support and enrichment needs preferred
- successful experience supporting and integrating Google Workspace, student information systems and learning platforms
- excellent leadership, organizational and planning abilities
- proven ability to work in multi-cultural, internationally-minded, inclusive environments
- strong interpersonal communication skills
- ability to effectively communicate and work with teams, teachers, students and parents
- strong skills of facilitation and membership actively participating in learning communities
- positive, energetic demeanor
- desire to work with the entire AISJ community to provide excellent educational opportunities for all students
- ability to work independently, orderly and precisely to meet deadlines
- ability to deal with problems tactfully and with empathy for others
- ability to use good judgment independently
- ability to deal with ambiguity and dilemmas and self-educate
- possesses a keen sense of responsibility
- ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- ability to organize and analyze complex tasks in a systematic manner
- provide ongoing, job embedded professional learning for adult learners, with an emphasis on inquiry-based learning, differentiated instruction, and collaborative practices that model effective integration of technology and information literacy to enhance teaching and learning
- ensure professional collaboration is focused on improving student learning in the context of technology and information literacy capabilities
- collaborate with Technology Integration/Literacy Coaches and Librarians across the school to explore, evaluate and implement innovative technology and information literacy strategies to improve teaching and learning
- assess the need for technology and information literacy professional learning tied to all school or team goals, and develop opportunities for faculty to grow and develop
- be a source of ideas, practical tips, inspiration and energy contributing to technology and information literacy initiatives and innovations
- identify and showcase exemplar teacher and student practice
Curriculum and Assessment:
- contribute to the development, communication, and implementation of a shared vision for technology and information literacy
- develop design-thinking approaches and mindsets, provide experiences and provocations for students in inquiry-based classrooms that promote creativity, risk-taking, and divergent thinking
- collaborate with division administration, team, department and subject area leaders and teachers to explore, evaluate and implement innovative technology, information literacy and literacy strategies to improve teaching and learning
- collaborate with teachers to incorporate technology and information literacy in the desired results, assessments and learning experiences in units of learning
- collaborate with the relevant administrators and teachers school wide to formulate a coherent vision for a design and technology program
General Teaching Responsibilities:
- collaborate with teachers, to nurture professional dialogue around highly effective teaching practices and improved student learning
- engage classroom teachers and specialists in co-planning, co-teaching and co-assessing learning experiences within documented units of learning, that leverage technology and information literacy to enhance teaching and learning
- model and co-teach the design and implementation of technology and information literacy enhanced learning experiences emphasizing inquiry, creativity, higher-order thinking skills and processes, and habits of mind (e.g. critical thinking, metacognition, and self-regulation)
- support teachers to become independent in leveraging technology and information literacy to improve teaching practice and student learning
- model and co-teach the use of purposeful and effective online and blended learning, digital content, and collaborative learning networks to support and extend student learning
Operations and Support:
- lead the implementation of agreed technology and information literacy resources and practices, including supporting teachers and students through professional learning opportunities
- lead the analysis of technology and information literacy approaches to inform and support strategic planning
- collaborate to ensure that units of learning have appropriate technology and information literacy resources
- support teachers to troubleshoot technology and information literacy systems hardware and software
- demonstrate highly effective personal technology and information literacy skills
- ensure relevant information, documentation, processes and procedures are up-to-date, accurate and consistent
INSPIRE LEARNING AND BUILD OUR BETTER WORLD
The purpose of AISJ is to provide exceptional educational experiences in a diverse and nurturing environment in order to inspire learning and build our better world. We cultivate an inclusive community of learners so that we empower global citizens to fulfil their future purpose.
The American International School of Johannesburg fosters a positive culture and is committed to Community Principles that include:
- We are better when we act together.
- Our differences make us stronger.
- Every voice counts. Every voice matters.
- Every team needs individuals. Every individual needs a team.
7:10 AM to 4:00 PM Monday to Friday
In order to complete the AISJ application process, please click here and complete the electronic form.
Information captured on this form will be stored on a secure database and will be used to complete a quick reference check on vacancy compatibility. Please take note all couples need to submit individual applications.