Head of Learning Support South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
HEAD OF LEARNING SUPPORT
Head of Learning Support South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Somerset House is a 73-year-old school situated in the heart of Somerset West. It is home to 400 children and is viewed as being an innovative and exciting place to teach and learn. Space is given to staff to develop teaching methodologies which make sense and challenge the norm.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline i.e. Social Work, Psychology, Educational Psychology, Learning Support or similar wit a SACE Registration certificate.
- Learning support experience at a Primary School level or equivalent educational institutions.
- Strong leadership skills and able to live out and be an advocate for the vision and ethos of the school.
- The skills to work in a diverse student and staff environment.
- Excellent communication and relational skills and sound ethical principles of practice.
- The ability to
- understand, interpret and communicate an Educational Psychologist’s report in a way which is accessible and clear to parents and teachers, and to implement these recommendations in ways which are sustainable, supportive and unobtrusive.
- discern what support is appropriate and possible within a mainstream environment, and to engage with all stakeholders in order to make and implement decisions and recommendations relating to the Individual Education Plan for a child.
- manage parent and staff relationships in a friendly but firm and constructive manner.
- navigate and manage complex relationships between the school, parents, therapists and facilitators.
- manage complex scheduling of therapy sessions around the school timetable and activities.
- manage the stress which accompanies a role such as this in a school where high expectations are the norm.
- Fulfil both the role of leader of the department and offer therapy sessions in the area of your specialization.
- Be a team player as far as the school family is concerned.
- Seek to build relationships and collaboration with the school’s Academic and Management Teams.
Somerset House reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application does not entitle the applicant to an interview. All emailed applications will receive a mail confirming receipt of application.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit a letter of motivation, with the names of two references and their abridged curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages), to email@example.com, clearly stating APPLICATION: HEAD OF LEARNING SUPPORT in the subject line.
Ideally the applicant should be able to commence duty in January 2022.
Somerset House, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.