DSG Foundation and Alumni Administrator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
DSG Foundation and Alumni Administrator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | The Diocesan School for Girls in Makhanda (Grahamstown),
Eastern Cape, invites applications for
DSG Foundation and Alumni Administrator
DSG celebrates is sesquicentenary in 2024 – an exciting time, with innovation, growth, and the continued development of first-class facilities at the heart of its plans. DSG is looking for a dynamic individual who enjoys working with people, building relationships and being part of a vibrant and energetic team.
The role of DSG Foundation and Alumni Administrator falls under the Advancement Office umbrella and although specifically Alumni focused, will work closely with the Marketing, Communications, Digital and Admissions roles to effectively market DSG, locally, nationally, and internationally. The ideal candidate will seek to maintain lifelong relationships with Old Girls, past and current parents, benefactors, donors, and friends to encourage their continued association with DSG. This will be achieved through the planning and hosting of Alumni events all over the world and by keeping DSG Old Girls updated with news of DSG, its priorities and future. The role of the DSG Foundation and Alumni Administrator will work with the DSG All Saints Guild (Old Girl Association) to achieve its goals and maintain a proactive network and community of DSG Old Girls..
To commence: January 2022
Job Purpose – The successful candidate will:
- build and manage relationships with all DSG Old Girls
- together with the DSG Communications team, develop and implement a communication programme for DSG’s Alumni.
- manage the relationship between DSG and the DSG All Saints Guild and provide the necessary support to meet the objectives of the association
- develop and manage the Alumni Events Calendar
- implement and manage DSG’s general fundraising initiatives, membership programmes and maintain a successful donor stewardship programme
- maintain the DSG Alumni database
- implement and manage a functional archive (both physical and digital)
Success Criteria – The successful candidate will:
- ensure that positive relationships, engagement, and connectivity is maintained between DSG and its Alumni
- increase involvement and communication between DSG and Alumni
Personal Qualities – The successful candidate should:
- be proactive, self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable to different tasks at hand
- have a high level of integrity
- have excellent time management and organizational skills
- be a proficient communicator (oral and written)
- have excellent attention to detail
- be passionate about DSG
- enjoy working with people
Experience and Knowledge – It would be beneficial if the successful candidate has:
- knowledge of DSG and its ethos – being a DSG Old Girl would be an advantage
- experience working within a marketing role and or Foundation Office
- strong analytical skills
- the ability to work within a team
- the ability to build strong relationships with individuals
- a good understating of CRM systems
- a basic understanding of financial record keeping
Please click on the link below to complete the application form, alternatively you are welcome to drop off a covering letter and CV at The Diocesan School for Girls office at 16 Worcester Street, Makhanda (Grahamstown).
All applications must be submitted by 17 November 2021
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview. Applicants who do not hear from the school within two weeks should consider their application unsuccessful. DSG is an equal opportunity employer and committed to achieving employment equity.
Under the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) which came into effect on 1 July 2021, all organisations and schools alike have a legal obligation to manage the personal information it processes appropriately, by applying specific principles and conditions. The Diocesan School for Girls is committed to ensuring the security and protection of your personal information and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. Should you have any questions related to the POPIA Act, please refer to our website.