Deputy Principal, Senior FET Phase South Africa Teaching Jobs
Deputy Principal, Senior – FET Phase
Deputy Principal, Senior FET Phase South Africa Teaching Jobs | ACUDEO College Kirkney (Pretoria West)
ACUDEO College Schools is founded on the intent to offer affordable quality education in areas where this was previously inaccessible or severely limited. To achieve this whilst striving for the standards set in our founding school, we rely on the experience, passion, commitment and ongoing development of our teaching staff and the involvement and participation of our parent body.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our established team as Deputy Principal, Senior – FET Phase to assist the principal in managing the school and promoting the education of learners to agreed standards set by the school.
Responsibilities and duties include the following:
- Provide professional strategic leadership and supports the principal in operational and academic matters and have comprehensive understanding of the curriculum
- Assist in human resource support functions that includes conducting performance appraisals
- Assist the principal in matters of student discipline, in the promotion of good order and general supervision between classes
- Communicates and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the quality assurance process of the learning environment
- Manage and conduct learner lessons and assessments
- Collaborate with other teachers
- Develop and Empower teachers
- Conduct lesson observations and provide teaching staff with constructive feedback
- Consolidating teacher appraisal reports and organise admin staff development and intervention programmes
- Manage the school’s environment to ensure it is safe and secure for all
- Ensure that academic and financial records are accurately kept
- Ensuring that a School Log Book or Incident Book is maintained containing a record of all-important events connected with the school
- Review Learning and Teaching Support Materials (LTSMs) and ensure that they are being used effectively
- Manage and advocate of Extra-Mural activities in the school
- And adhoc duties
- Degree in Education
- Honours Degree (Advantageous)
Minimum Requirements – Knowledge/Experience, skills and competencies:
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- Minimum 2-years Management experience in a school environment with a proven track record of success
- Knowledge of CAPS
- SACE registered
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literate
- Patient and innovative
- Organising, facilitation and planning
- Demonstrated experience in effectively solving challenging problems through a positive, collaborative approach
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, or management of curriculum, instructional practices, and teacher development
- Be fully conversant with current trends and developments within educational fields particularly those pertaining to combined Schooling.
- Demonstrated experience in professional staff development.
- Have a passion for education and a vision for the future of the school.
- Have the ability to challenge and inspire students and teachers to live out their values.
Interested applicants, please follow the link below to apply on or before Monday, 01st November 2021
Please visit our website.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Disclaimer; ACUDEO College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information, but such information will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.