Academic Support Or Remedial Therapist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Academic Support/Remedial Therapist
Academic Support Or Remedial Therapist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Oakhill School, a co-educational day school situated in the beautiful town of Knysna, is a mainstream school that recognizes the importance of diversity in learning and that pupils have a right to learn in an environment that supports them via remediation or accommodations.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our school-based support team as an
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have the skills to work in a diverse learning environment.
- Possess the qualifications in the field of learning support, remediation or inclusive education.
- Have remedial or learning support experience in a Prep School – Grade R to Grade 7 with the possibility to include academic support in Grade 8 and Grade 9.
- Offer Maths, Language and Literacy support a requirement.
- Have excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Participate as a team member on the school-based support team.
- Be flexible in an approach to working with individual learner needs.
- Offer support to teachers, facilitators and parents.
- Have experience in developing and implementing individual support plans.
- Provide both individual and group intervention support.
- Have a proven competence in technology skills.
- Offer homework, classwork and study skills support.
- Provide assistance with planning and organisational skills
- Have undergone facilitator and reading/scribe training.
Please submit a CV with a covering letter by email to the Heads’ PA, Lyndall Hill (email address below).
The starting date for this position is 1 January 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 12 November 2021 your application can be considered unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence against a child or mentally disabled person as well as provide a police clearance certificate and consent to inspect your criminal records.
Oakhill School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.