Head of High School South Africa teaching Jobs 2021
Head of High-School
Head of High School South Africa teaching Jobs 2021 | HeronBridge College
HeronBridge College is looking for an exceptional individual to lead and be an ambassador for the High-School.
Celebrating 20-years of existence this year, HeronBridge College is a Private, IEB, Christian school that aims to grow and nurture children to reach their full potential, equip them with the tools needed to navigate life, and encourage them to excel in their God-given talents.
The College Head is the driving force of the High-School and will be expected to embody all that HeronBridge stands for and strives to be. An essential part of our journey forward, the role of the Head is to provide leadership, mentorship and pedagogical advancement in a way that reflects our core values and recognises the needs of our students, staff and community.
One of our primary core values specifically aligned to this position is to promote a caring school environment where students and staff feel safe, motivated and encouraged. The importance of this value extends to essential components aligned to our deep Christian ethos. A second imperative is that the College Head can set and model a consistent tone of the highest expectations, joy, and a growth mindset among staff and students alike.
The below criteria is required of applicants:
- You are a registered S.A.C.E. teacher and possess a valid teaching qualification.
- You have 10+ years of experience in a rigorous, high-achieving school setting.
- A proven track record of leadership in an environment of high expectations.
Beneficial skills and qualities:
- Experience as a College Head is highly valued, as is IEB experience in a top independent school in the South African context.
- Your leadership style is people-oriented and you have experience in improving your team’s performance through coaching, building strong relationships, and effective HR management skills.
- You are strategic in your thinking and detail-oriented.
- You are excited about our organisational culture and the opportunities that exist for you in this role.
Interested candidates with the appropriate criteria should submit a letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae, with the names of at least two references to Mrs Parmenter at the email address below.
HeronBridge College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.