External Occupational Therapist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
External Occupational Therapist
External Occupational Therapist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Uplands is an independent, co-educational school operating under the auspices of the Anglican Church, offering quality, holistic schooling to pupils from Grade 0000 to 12, with outstanding boarding from Grade 4 upwards. Uplands has a proven record of accomplishment of success as a contemporary school with almost 100 years of timeless quality and values.
Uplands is seeking an external Occupational Therapist to join the Learning Support Unit at Uplands Preparatory School. This person will be responsible for running their Private Practise whilst upholding Uplands values and ethos in a professional and ethical manner. At Uplands, we aim to encapsulate every child’s strength and promote these, whilst developing therapeutic strategies to overcome barriers to learning.
This position involves working in a multi-disciplinary support team and requires close collaboration with colleagues, teachers and parents/caregivers.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Occupational Therapy; a qualification in Sensory Integration would be advantageous.
- Have more than 5 years’ experience in running a Private Practise (experience in a school environment would be advantageous).
- Be registered with HPCSA and BHF.
- Have experience in working with children with Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Have evidence of training and/or experience in working with children in Pre-Preparatory and Preparatory level.
- Be prepared to participate in Information meetings and have the ability to facilitate and lead Professional Development sessions.
- Have a police Clearance.
- Have excellent collaboration skills and value the work of the integrated therapy team.
- Be characterised with positive interpersonal skills, professionalism and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Maintaining professional knowledge in order to provide clients with the best possible treatment.
Commencement date: 01 January 2022 or ASAP
Uplands is an equal opportunities employer. Submission of a CV does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and Uplands reserves the right not to make an appointment.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates are requested to apply by submitting a CV not exceeding three pages and the contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not have received a response from Uplands within two weeks following the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please use the reference: EOT2022
Uplands, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.