Learning Mentor South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Learning Mentor South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | THE RIDGE IS A LEADING INDEPENDENT BOYS’ PREPARATORY SCHOOL
We have a vacancy for the following position:
(Ideally the candidate will be available to begin January 2022)
- Have prior experience as a learning mentor or in a learning support capacity
- Be passionate about mentoring identified primary school boys
- Have a thorough knowledge of educational technology as an appropriate support for identified students
- Be willing to keep up-to-date with evidence-based research on the learning and emotional development of young boys
- Identify with the values and ethos of the school
- Have appropriate academic and professional qualifications
- Have a working knowledge of the new CAPS National Curriculum/ IEB Assessment body
- Full SACE registration
- Be able to involve themselves fully in the co-curricula and extra-curricula life of the school
In addition, the key areas and accountabilities of this position are:
- To be able to research, plan and deliver 1:1 mentoring/support sessions with identified students on a range of subjects that may be hindering individual learning.
- To be able to research, plan and deliver focus group sessions/workshops with identified students on a range of subjects, but specifically English and Maths.
- To liaise with the Head of Learning Support, keeping them informed about the students you mentor, including notifying them immediately of any concerns that arise in relation to the students you mentor/support.
- To school and wider-based meetings that specifically relate to the pupils that you are mentoring/supporting, such as Lighthouse department meetings, pastoral care meetings, and JP or SP meetings.
- To maintain accurate and factual records on identified students which measure the level/impact of your involvement.
- To provide termly written reports on your work as a learning mentor.
- To provide support to parents, promoting engagement.
- To promote positive mental health and well-being amongst pupils.
- To attend school and relevant wider based training sessions as required or necessary.
- To attend meetings and undertake duties as reasonably directed by the Headmaster.
Your application for this position should include:
- A curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of qualifications
- The names, email addresses and contact numbers of three people who are willing and able to provide references in support of your application.
- A supporting statement, detailing why you feel you are the best person for the job and why you are applying.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to research and plan one 1:1 mentoring/support session and one focus group session/workshop to be discussed at your interview
Your application for this post should be sent to:
Head of Learning Support, The Ridge School, email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 19 November 2021
THE RIDGE SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The School reserves the right not to make an appointment and an application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from The Ridge School within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
The Ridge School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognizing and accepting this disclaimer.