NSFAS Grant Application
If you are unable to complete the application by yourself, you can visit a National Youth Development Agency Centre, a Thusong Centre, or one of the NSFAS application partner’s centers near you, where an NSFAS representative will help you apply.
Who should apply?
- Prospective students who applied for admission to the 2022 academic year for a first undergraduate qualification.
- Returning students who took a gap year in 2021 (ie did not study in 2021), who have an incomplete undergraduate qualification, and who have not exceeded the N+ rule.
- NSFAS approved returning and new students in 2021 who did not study during the 2021 academic year.
- Students funded by other NSFAS bursaries who wish to switch to the NSFAS DHET grant.
Your NSFAS application will not be considered if you
- received NSFAS funding in 2021.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a Short Learning Certificate or Programme or a postgraduate qualification.
Please visit Here for Registration dates
- Returning NSFAS students who were funded in 2021 but have not yet completed their qualification: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation for the 2022 academic year.
- Returning NSFAS students who received funding in 2021, have been declined for funding in 2022 and have appealed the decision: Please pay the minimum registration fee while you wait for the NSFAS appeal decision if you chose to do so.
- First-time NSFAS applicants: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation. If your NSFAS application is declined or delayed by the close of the registration period, you will be expected to find alternative funding before your registration will be activated.
If your NSFAS application is provisionally approved, you do not need to pay the minimum registration fee. Your registration will be automatically activated based on NSFAS funding confirmation received by Unisa.
If your NSFAS application is rejected, you may appeal during the prescribed appeal application period only. The application process and dates for the appeal will be communicated. New applicants must appeal directly with NSFAS: NSFAS Appeal 2022
- All NSFAS-funded students who pay the minimum registration amount to activate their registration will be refunded.
- A refund will only be processed once NSFAS has confirmed the successful processing of registration data to Unisa.
- An application for a refund is not necessary.
Learning Material Allowance and Living Allowance for 2022
- Unisa NSFAS-funded students are only entitled to a Learning Material Allowance (LMA) and Living Allowance (LA).
- Based on the 2021 DHET Grant Funding Guidelines, the LMA is calculated based on the number of modules registered: R600 per module for the first four modules and a R5 200 once-off amount for five to ten modules. If the amount of R5 200 LMA is paid for the first five modules, no additional LMA will be paid for additional modules.
- Based on the 2021 DHET Grant Funding Guidelines, the LA is paid to students registered for ten modules. A student who registers for ten modules and later reduces the number of modules registered will, unfortunately, forfeit this allowance.
NSFAS bursaries (Department of Social Development, Funza Lushaka, Department of Military Veterans, and Department of Justice [TRC])
- Students funded under these bursaries must renew their funding with their funders during their applicable application dates.
- Students are encouraged to visit their funders’ web pages for application dates.
Nsfas Application for 2022 Closing Date
How to Apply for NSFAS Application 2022-2023
Nsfas Application Form pdf Download
Nsfas Application Form Details
Nsfas wallet account
How to cancel my nsfas account
How to apply for a nsfas bursary
How to qualify for nsfas bursary
Nsfas payment dates 2022 tvet college
Why nsfas registration dates for 2022
Where to upload nsfas documents
how to unblock your nsfas wallet
How To Withdraw Funds From NSFAS Wallet
How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food
Why is nsfas not funding students
Can nsfas stop funding a student
Who qualifies for nsfas funding