NSFAS Funded Colleges
NSFAS Funded Colleges
NSFAS was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company in terms of Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased to operate in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
The NSFAS Act enables any student to apply for a bursary from NSFAS but allows the board to impose conditions, generally, or in respect of a particular loan or bursary. Such conditions include the use of the means test and the loan conversion of up to 40 percent of any loan as an incentive for academic success.
It provides for payment by NSFAS of the amount of the loan or bursary “to the designated higher education institution”, rather than to the applicant. It also allows NSFAS to enter into what is in effect an agency agreement with higher education institutions (HEIs) or further education and training (FET) colleges.
READ ALSO Which colleges offer nsfas
login to nsfas account
MyNsfas is the portal for Nsfas applicants to log in and access and manage important info regarding the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
Students or NSFAS applicants are strongly encouraged to create their MyNSFAS accounts. The process is as follows:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
READ ALSO nsfas allowance 2022
Nsfas for tvet college
- Central Johannesburg TVET College
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College
- Sedibeng TVET College
- South West Gauteng TVET College
- Tshwane North TVET College
- Tshwane South TVET College
- Western TVET College
- Coastal TVET College
- Elangeni TVET College
- Esayidi TVET College
- Majuba TVET College
- Mnambithi TVET College
- Mthashana TVET College
- Thekwini TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- Umgungundlovu TVET College
- Boland TVET College
- College of Cape Town
- False Bay College
- Northlink TVET College
- South Cape TVET College
- West Coast TVET College
- Buffalo City TVET College
- Eastcape Midlands TVET College
- Ikhala TVET College
- Ingwe TVET College
- King Hintsa TVET College
- King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College
- Lovedale TVET College
- Port Elizabeth TVET College
- Flavius Mareka TVET College
- Goldfields TVET College
- Maluti TVET College
- Motheo TVET College
- Capricorn TVET College
- Lephalale TVET College
- Letaba TVET College
- Mopani South East TVET College
- Sekhukhune TVET College
- Vhembe TVET College
- Waterberg TVET College
- Ehlanzeni TVET College
- Gert Sibande TVET College
- Nkangala TVET College
- Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Northern Cape Rural TVET College
- Orbit TVET College
- Taletso TVET College
- Vuselela TVET College
HOW TO APPLY
- To begin, you must create your myNSFAS account
- After that, you click the Apply tab
- Update all your NSFAS online Application information.
- Upload your supporting documents
- Submit your application by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button