NSFAS is a public entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training. NSFAS provides financial help through study bursaries to deserving students at TVET colleges and public universities.
The funding covers the cost of registration, tuition as well as allowances for learning material, food, personal care, transport or accommodation. NSFAS have been around for over 28 years; assisting over 4 million South Africans to achieve their dreams.
Every applicant is expected to read every section of the application form.
In order to access your application status:
- Login on the myNSFAS student portal here
- Enter your username and password, then click SIGN IN!
- Click on Track Funding Progress.
Once you have followed these three easy steps, you will be able to see whether you are funded or not. It may take some time for your application to be successful so please be patient.
How To Log In To MyNSFAS Account?
Here is how you can create your myNSFAS account:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password. The username is usually your email address.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
If for some reason or other, you can’t log in to MyNSFAS due to Forgotten Password you do not need to worry. Follow the below steps to reset the login details:
- STEP 1 – Go to www.nsfas.org.za, click on ‘myNSFAS’ and then select ‘forgot password.
- STEP 2 – Type in your ID number and choose what you require help with: password or username or both, then click ‘submit’.
- STEP 3 – The username and the link to change your password will be sent via SMS and email.
- STEP 4 – Open the link to be redirected to the reset password page.
- STEP 5 – Reset your password by following the prompts on your screen
- Navigate to celbux.appspot.com.
- Log into your account by typing in your cellphone number and password.
- Click the “Login” button.
- In your account, click “More”.
- Then, click “Transactions”.
- Now, you can view your wallet balance.