Login To Nsfas Account
Login To Nsfas Account
NSFAS was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company in terms of Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased to operate in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
The NSFAS Act enables any student to apply for a bursary from NSFAS but allows the board to impose conditions, generally, or in respect of a particular loan or bursary. Such conditions include the use of the means test and the loan conversion of up to 40 per cent of any loan as an incentive for academic success.
It provides for payment by NSFAS of the amount of the loan or bursary “to the designated higher education institution”, rather than to the applicant. It also allows NSFAS to enter into what is in effect an agency agreement with higher education institutions (HEIs) or further education and training (FET) colleges.
login to nsfas account
MyNsfas is the portal for Nsfas applicants to log in and access and manages important info regarding the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
Students or NSFAS applicants are strongly encouraged to create their MyNSFAS accounts. The process is as follows:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
Your cellphone number or email address must be uniquely yours and cannot be shared.
If you are one of the NSFAS 2021 applicants whose application was unsuccessful and you have submitted an appeal, you may check your application results (nsfas status ) by logging into your myNSFAS account.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.