How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food
How Much Does Nsfas Pay For Food
The NSFAS is a bursary operating at a national level in South Africa, providing financial support for people entering tertiary education (colleges, universities, and vocational courses). The NSFAS is open for anyone who cannot afford such education through other means, such as regular student loans or bank funding.
1. Book Allowance All NSFAS students qualify for a book allowance of up to R5 200 for the year. Students registered for the full year will receive the maximum book allowance during February 2022. Students registered for one semester only will qualify for R2 600 book allowance. Please note that should you cancel your studies for the second semester and have received your book allowance for the year, you will be liable for the outstanding balance of R2 600.
Book allowance for students registered for the full year will be paid in two payments of R2 600 each during the week of 10 February 2022.
2. Meal Allowance
All NSFAS students qualify for a meal allowance of up to R15 000 for the year, except distance-learning students. The allowance for students registered for the full year will be paid over a period of 10 months (Feb–Nov). Students registered for one semester only will receive R7 500 over a period of five (5) months (Semester 1: Feb–Jun or Semester 2: Jul-Nov).
3. Private Accommodation Allowance
A valid lease agreement must be uploaded with the private accommodation online application process before the application will be considered. After approval of your private accommodation application, you will receive your payment during the first week of the following month. The first payment will include your rental payment up to date. Payment will depend on your rental period and the amount. Please note that you will not receive payment for private accommodation if you are staying in an on-campus residence or at home. Distance-learning students also do not qualify for the private accommodation allowance. The maximum private accommodation allowance for 2022 is R34 400 for a student registered for the full year. The maximum for a student registered for one semester is R17 200.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.