Is Nsfas a Bursary or Loan
NSFAS is a bursary scheme funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training for those who do not have the financial means to fund their studies and cannot access bank funding, study loans or bursaries.
Apply online(link is external). Applications open for a limited time at the end of each year. Should you require assistance, call the toll-free number 08000 67327 or visit your nearest NYDA office(link is external).
NSFAS financial support previously was in the form of loans and still need to be paid back when you find employment after completion of your studies. If you passed all your subjects, 40% of the NSFAS funding for that particular year/semester was converted into a bursary. This means you will only pay back 60% of the loan when you start working.
For more information contact: National Student Financial Aid Scheme(link is external).
Required Supporting Documents: NSFAS Online Applications Form 2022
- Applicants must provide an ID document/card or birth certificate
- Applicants must provide the ID of parents/ guardian/ spouse (or death certificate where applicable)
- Proof of income of applicants (if applicable and should not be older than 3 months)
- Your Parents/ guardian/ spouse pay advice/ letter of employment/ pension advice stating income (if applicable and must not be older than 3 months. NSFAS Online Application 2022
- Vulnerable children should have a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration Form.
- Applicants with a disability must provide a Disability Annexure A Form (Downloadable on the website)
- SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as a household income.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za.
- Click on the “myNSFAS” tab.
- Click on “Register”
- Tick the box to allow NSFAS to verify your details.
- Then enter your ID number on the field as it is stated on your ID document.
- Type in your full names and surname as per your ID number.
- Type in your current email address.
- Create a password
- Click on apply Tab
Nsfas Application for 2022 Closing Date
How to Apply for NSFAS Application 2022-2023
Nsfas Application Form pdf Download
Nsfas Application Form Details
Nsfas wallet account
How to cancel my nsfas account
How to apply for a nsfas bursary
How to qualify for nsfas bursary
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa
Social Work Vacancies In South Africa