Head of Department Afrikaans South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Head of Department: Afrikaans
Head of Department Afrikaans South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | St John’s Preparatory is a leading South African, Anglican school situated on a magnificent campus in Houghton, Johannesburg, offering quality education from Pre-Primary to Grade 7. It forms part of St John’s College. The school has an outstanding record in preparing young boys for College and offers an excellent academic curriculum which is enriched with music, art, drama and sport.
We seek to appoint a dynamic, experienced Head of Department: Afrikaans Teacher who will report to the Headmaster of St John’s Preparatory School.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a suitable degree and a teaching qualification, and be registered with SACE
- Display excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Be passionate about teaching Afrikaans and about boys’ education
- Be able to develop and sustain new ideas and lead a dynamic team of teachers
- Have a lifelong learning approach to professional development
- Be able to integrate 21st century skills, such as creativity, collaboration, problem solving and critical thinking, into the curriculum
- Be innovative and comfortable using technology in the classroom and in an online forum
- Be able to interact positively with parents
- Be willing to be involved in extramural activities
- Have an appreciation of the traditions and Anglican ethos of the school.
St John’s College offers competitive salary structures and remuneration is calculated on a cost-to-company basis which includes membership of the ISASA Pension Scheme and membership of a medical aid scheme.
Please submit your CV, together with the names of three referees, to the email address below.
CLOSING DATE: 23 NOVEMBER 2021
St John’s College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of St John’s College, taking into account factors such as St John’s College Employment Equity Policy. Applications are welcomed from South African citizens only or persons with a valid work permit. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from St John’s College within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
FET IEB Physical Science Teacher South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021