Music Teacher IEB South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Music Teacher IEB South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Herschel Girls School, founded in 1922, situated in Claremont Cape Town, is an inclusive independent Anglican school for girls from Pre-Nursery to Grade 12 which welcomes pupils and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Herschel is committed to transformation and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that gives preference, where appropriate in accordance with its Employment Equity Plan, to candidates from the designated groups. The School reserves the right not to make an appointment. Failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Please note no faxed applications will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Herschel Girls Senior School seeks to appoint a
Music Teacher (IEB)
to commence duties in January 2022 (negotiable)
Herschel Girls School is adopting the IEB NSC qualification effective 01 January 2022 and is looking for an innovative and progressive teacher who seeks the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and excellent staff and school. The successful applicant will be a suitably qualified teacher and the following are essential:
- Hold the necessary music qualifications
- A demonstrable passion for and expert experience in teaching subject music up to Grade 12
- Be able and willing to teach across the whole school if necessary (Grade 1 -12)
- Experience in teaching multi-faceted music genres would be beneficial
- Have instrumental teaching experience – indicate instrument(s), as well the grade level to which you are qualified and able to teach
- Experience in training, conducting and/or accompanying choirs or ensembles would be beneficial
- Be willing to be a part of the extensive extra-curricular music programme at the school
- Be fully committed to the school’s transformation, equity and belonging strategic objectives in support of an equitable, inclusive and safe school environment for all
- A willingness to work within the values and ethos of the school and a commitment to involve oneself in the broader extramural programme on offer at the school
- Excellent relational skills which allow for the development of a progressive, safe, inclusive, exciting teaching environment
- Healthy self-awareness and a well-developed sense of duty of care towards one’s students and one’s colleagues
- An understanding and appreciation of Girls’ Education and the nuances applicable to support the educational premise of nurturing confident, independent, caring, resolute and inspiring young women
- The skills and care required to be a tutor within the House system which we operate at Herschel. This involves active engagement with a small group of students across the grades, having oversight of their wellbeing and their academic progress
- A proven ability to establish a dynamic learning environment and to nurture curiosity and intellectual agility through the advancement of a relevant and rich curriculum
- Excellent administrative, communication and organisational skills
- The ability to integrate technology with confidence and flair to support a blended learning environment which engages students
- The ability to explore a rapidly changing educational landscape and being open to ongoing personal and professional development to support change
- To hold at heart the school’s tagline of “learning to make a difference” for oneself and for the students in one’s care
- Be expected to be supportive of the Christian Anglican ethos of the School
A letter of application, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, three contactable references and proof of SACE registration, as well as a Police Clearance certificate, must be sent to Mrs Heather Vaughan (PA to the Head) at the following email address email@example.com by Friday 26 November, 2021.
Herschel Girls School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.