Psychologist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
contributing meaningfully towards the sustainable development of human capacity in South Africa.
We seek to make the following appointment at
Abbotts College – Northcliff
Fixed Term Duration: 2022-01-01 – 2022-12-31
Reporting to: Principal (I Stander)
The ADvTECH Schools Division leads the private sector in the field of education, contributing meaningfully towards the sustainable development of human capacity in South Africa. ADvTECH, in line with POPIA(Protection of Personal Interest Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information.
- Minimum requirement is a recognised Degree in Educational Psychology, Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology and Certificate of Registration with the Health Professions Council South Africa.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same and/or similar position and environment.
- Case Management
- Assistance with the application of GDE examination concessions;
- Academic support- individual session regarding study methods, Time management etc;
- Meetings with SPL (Student Progress Leaders), Management, and teachers (SBST) To discuss students and progress;
- Liaison with Teachers and parents
- Staff development
- Parental guidance
- Tracking and management of individual students with Learning difficulties;
- Implementation of programmes to assist individual students
- Development and co-ordination of learning support programmes
- Therapeutic support sessions
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety Acts.
- Involvement in Parent Connect sessions, identifying speakers and topics
- Family, trauma and emotional counselling.
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative;
- Enthusiastic, assertive and flexible;
- Good organisational and administrative skills;
- An open and creative outlook to education;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with parents, staff and learners and willingness to engage with learners and their families on a personal level to help children in the best way possible;
- Must be a team player;
- Computer literacy is imperative.
Please apply online via the ADvTECH Career Portal:
(If you do not have an existing account on the ADvTECH Career Portal, you will need to register on their website. You do not need to register on the ISASA site)
ADvTECH is an equal opportunity employer. Only successful candidates will be notified. Preference will be given to EE candidates.