IOM National Finance Officer Vacancy In South Africa
IOM National Finance Officer Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
Vacancy/Reference Number: VNSARO2021/04
|Position Title||:||National Finance Officer for Regional Program VNSARO2021/04|
|Duty Station||:||IOM Regional Office in Pretoria|
|Position Grade||:||NOA (UN Salary scale for National Officers in the Republic of South Africa)|
|Type of Appointment||:||Fixed Term, One year with possibility of extension|
|Closing Date||:||20 November 2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context and Scope:
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer (SRRMO) and direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer for Regional Programmes (RMO-RP), the incumbent will be responsible to support the Regional Office and Country Offices with regional programmes on Financial, Accounting, Internal Controls and Audits..
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with RMO-RP, provide technical guidance and support to Regional Program Managers and SRRMO, monitor the financial management of regional projects including oversight of financial expenditures and accountability.
- Ensure coordination among program units to provide accurate data entry, correct use of General Ledger and WBS codes, proper requests with all complete supporting documentations.
- Responsible for the preparation and verification of financial transactions and reports from Implementing Partners working under regional projects and input of expenditures in the system.
- Undertake quality control checks on the requests for payments, purchase requests and other requests that will result in financial obligations.
- Provide support in monitoring the implementation of internal controls in accordance with the Organization’s established policies and procedures, including prevention of fraud and mismanagement in coordination with RMO-RP.
- Implement Financial Forecasting for regional projects during project implementation phase, ensure all commitments of the regional projects are actively monitored in coordination with RMU staffs in the missions.
- Provide necessary support to the internal/external Auditors and respond to queries with respect to the financial aspects of the regional project in coordination with RMO RP and SRRMO.
- Ensure that vendor, customer, and General Ledger accounts are cleared timely and the project expenditure shows accurate status.
- Responsible for coordination and follow-up on agreements and contracts with various service providers, suppliers and implementing partners for Regional Projects in coordination with the Legal Department, Regional Office in Pretoria and/or concerned missions in Southern Africa.
- Apply appropriate internal control procedures and alert the supervisor in a timely manner of unusual or irregularities regarding transactions and delays impacting timely reporting.
- Make suggestions for procedural improvement and provide technical guidance and capacity building to relevant finance and admin assistants working under the regional programs.
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial information to support informed financial decision making.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study with two years of relevant professional experience or
- Master’s Degree in the aforementioned field of studies.
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in financial management with responsibilities for accounting, reporting, budget, audit, treasury, and financial analysis.
- Experience with internal control assessment, internal and/or external/project audits;
- Experience in preparing reports, statistics and coordinate administrative activities;
- Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is an advantage;
- Experience in computerized accounting systems (including SAP);
- Excellent report writing skills;
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Fluency in English is required (oral and written).
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. External and internal candidates are eligible to apply for this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first- tier candidates and will be given priority over external applicants if they meet the minimum requirements.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and obtains nationality ID or valid residency/work permit.
Method of application:
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please send your letter of motivation, up-to-date Resume/CV, copy of ID and Complete IOM Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from this website: https://southafrica.iom.int/vacancy ) to email@example.com
When you send your application, please specify the Vacancy reference number i.e. VNSARO2021/04 on the subject line of your email. It will be challenging to track your application without the reference code provided. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Please send your applications by 20 November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENQUIRIES IN RESPECT TO THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION MAY BE DIRECTED TO THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa