Senior Manager Demand Project Management MTN Vacancy
Senior Manager Demand Project Management MTN Vacancy
Senior Manager: Demand Project Management
To manage, co-ordinate and implement the various facets of the Group FinTech on-going demand projects suite; according to the business plans, prioritisation (in partnership with vendors like Ericsson, Comviva, etc) and set competing constraints within a multi-vendor environment, across the MTN Group FinTech footprint.
The Senior Manager will lead the deployment of avant-garde FinTech services like BankTech; Insurtech; RegTech, etc, that will lead to the evolution of the FinTech ecosystem, thus creating MoMo stickness.
The Senior Manager will also contribute towards Group Digital and FinTech PMO’s way of work by suggesting and devising better ways of execution through continuous improvement, to achieve expected project objectives.
The Senior Manager: Demand Project Management reports to the General Manager: Digital & Fintech Project Management
MTN is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success. The urgency for change has become more heightened amidst increased competitive intensity across all markets in which MTN operates.
The Senior Manager: Demand Project Management must therefore ensure the successful delivery in context of:
- An expertise-based multicultural organisation
- A dynamic and evolving field of Telecommunications
- Revolutionary workforce practices which are bringing together global labour markets
- Management of executive and local shareholder expectations across MTN and its OpCos
- Achievement of top quartile operating efficiency and effectiveness through scale and common policies and processes
- Dynamic legal and regulatory environment
- Convergence in markets and exploration of non-traditional revenue streams requiring complex interpretation and structuring
- Evolving industry sector constantly presenting new challenges and opportunities to the core businesses
- Rapid horizontal and vertical expansion of MTN, in terms of size, products, customers and geographic distribution
The Senior Manager: Demand Project Management will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Contribute to the technology standardization across the FINCOs to support MTN Group’s MoMo Super-platform aspirations (one stop shop).
- Lead cross functional projects across FinTech OpCos by piloting, launching, replicating and scaling new global initiatives
- Implementation of functionalities across FinTech OpCos to continuously improve the existing bouquet
- Lead new advanced services rollout, layering onto the platform services that will expand the FinTech offering
- Risk assessment and contingency planning for all projects under their responsibility
- Uses established project management methods to break down the project into a series of manageable stages and monitor its progress, for on time delivery.
- Set up / participate in planned and adhoc project meetings
- Participate and provide input in strategic meetings
- Perform evaluation baseline of key project constraints
- Participate in industry events that are shaping the FinTech evolution
- Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of project delivery
- Escalate issues that will result in severe time, scope, productivity, and cost or resource or reputational impact
- Manage and provide solutions through stakeholder consultation where relevant
- Ensure effective enterprise governance and project prioritization.
- Implement, monitor and report on compliance with project management and governance processes
- Drive alignment between strategy and projects to achieve overall Group FinTech business objectives.
- Act as liaison among project consultants, project vendors, and project users to provide advice; resolve conflicts; interpret processes; and negotiate resolutions where no specific guidelines exist.
- Continuously review projects implementation performance, alignment to the business objectives while cognizant of the execution constraints.
- Develop and maintain cordial relationships with all project sponsors, product managers, and the individual OpCos Project Managers for continuous buy-in, support to achieve sustained performance
- Report on various aspects of projects progress as required by Group Digital and Fintech PMO.
- Report on an ad hoc basis on specific facets of projects, as required
- Manage project initiative budgets in line with business objectives
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary degree
- PMP® Certification required
- MBA or a master’s in project management an advantage
- 8-10 years – applicable general telecommunications business experience;
- 4-6 years program/project management experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Fintech program/project office.
- Proven track record of technical and specialised know-how in the FinTech Agile Projects management space
- Abreast of global and regional mindset & best practices relating to FinTech portfolio; program and project management
- Attitude of Innovation & thought leadership to the organisation and other stakeholders
- Emerging markets/ multi-cultural experience
- Ability to learn fast and master the trends in a relatively new FinTech industry; aware of industry vendors
- Willing and flexible to travel extensively throughout the MTN footprint to provide on ground support during implementations. Be required to travel to all allocated operations and required to spend extended time in those jurisdictions
- Be able to work under pressure in a modular, demanding and complex Digital and FinTech PMO management environment, with minimal supervision
- Able to manage multiple assignments and agile enough to adapt to new challenges
- Strong written and communication skills
- Confident and assertive with a positive attitude
- Customer Centric
- Project Management
- Business Acumen
- Analytics and Interpretation
- Strategic Thinking
- Organizational Agility
- Digital mind-set
- Dealing with ambiguity and complexity
- Decision Making
- Conflict Management
- Financial and Numerical
- Complete candour
- Culturally aware
- Emotional Maturity
- Team Player
Collaboration (Formal and Informal Relationships)
Key external stakeholders: Executing third parties
Key internal stakeholders:
- Group Digital and FinTech Management team
- Group Digital and FinTech team
- GM: Digital and FinTech PMO
- Project teams in FinTech OpCos
- Partner Group divisions (Tech, IS, Procurement, Finance, BRM, Legal)