One to One Africa Programme Manager Vacancy In South Africa
One to One Africa Programme Manager Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
One to One Africa is the South African-registered non-profit organization that works to transform the lives of families, especially children, women, and young people affected by poverty and chronic illness, including HIV. One to One Africa seeks to address core gaps in healthcare, education and psychosocial support in neglected and under-served communities to ensure that families survive and thrive.
One to One Africa seeks to appoint a Programme Manager for its maternal and child health programme in the rural OR Tambo District in the Eastern Cape.
This is a full time one-year contract role with the option to renew subject to secured funding. The accepted candidate is required to start as soon as possible.
The Programme Manager oversees the programme and provides oversight to the programme. Reports to the Head of Programmes and works closely with the Impact Manager and the Operations Manager at the Head Office.
- Responsible for supporting the development, coordination and execution of programme deliverables to ensure timely delivery of project activities
- Track project-specific performance indicators, ensuring alignment with project work plan and budget and compliance with donor requirements.
- With support from the Site Manager and Outreach Manager develop programme work plans
- Identify technical staffing needs and support rapid recruitment, induction and training of new staff.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for programme staff
- Serve as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff – empowering, building, motivating and supporting a team of community health workers
- Establish new and maintaining existing partnerships with key stakeholders, including participating and attending stakeholder events and meetings.
- Contribute to the development of operational systems, processes, and procedures
- Support the Business development unit in proposal writing
- Support the Head of Programmes and Impact Manager in preparing donor reports
- Work closely with the M&E unit to improve knowledge management and learning
- Manage the programme offices and oversee operations and logistics
Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Programmes and/or Executive Director.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Social Work, Public Health/Nursing or related field.
- Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS, community health, maternal & child health and/or adolescent health, and an understanding of community settings
- Previous experience in project management and managing a team.
- Ability to work independently, think analytically, and to solve problems.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple responsibilities under pressure.
- Display strong leadership qualities and have interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Proactive, results oriented and strong trouble-shooter, who is able to work independently within the team.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with demonstrated experience
- Excel and budgeting literacy.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be fluent in isiXhosa
- Should be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license
Program Manager with experience Required
Send the applications to email@example.com