Mukuru Bursary South Africa 2022
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – MUKURU
Mukuru Bursary South Africa | Mukuru is a leading African money transfer provider that allows customers to move money in a convenient, safe and affordable way.
Mukuru was founded in 2004, in the United Kingdom, and today the company offers a wide range of trusted payout locations, in over 20 countries, including; Botswana, Cameroon, DRC, eSwatini, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe, as well as Bangladesh, China, India and Pakistan.
ABOUT THE MUKURU BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Mukuru Education Fund is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to 14 students, for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Business Analysis
- Information Technology Engineers
- Software Architecture
- Software Development
- Software Development Management
- Software Quality Assurance
MORE ABOUT THE MUKURU BURSARY PROGRAMME – VALUE | SELECTION
14 bursaries will be awarded, to the maximum value of R80 000 each, to be used towards tuition fees and textbooks.
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Mukuru Bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted between 19 December 2022 and 3 January 2023 and invited to attend an interview. Interviews will be held between 9 and 14 January 2023.
Bursary winners will be announced on 25 January 2023.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MUKURU BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% and a Bachelor’s Pass in Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification, within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% at the tertiary level
- You must be registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University or University of Technology)
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be an employee of Mukuru
- You must read and agree to the Mukuru Education Fund Bursary T|Cs
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MUKURU BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Mukuru Bursary Application 2022
Enter “Ngfinders.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Mukuru bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or Passport (certified copy)
- Proof of status in South Africa/ eligibility to be in South Africa (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/A-level certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic results (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter, stating why you should be awarded the bursary and how the bursary will help you financially and professionally (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Reference letter (signed and from an educator, coach, or adult who has led you or taught you) (read our tips on how to get a reference letter/ testimonial for your bursary application)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MUKURU BURSARY
19 December 2022.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please Mukuru directly:
Tel: 086 001 8555 (Monday to Sunday, 08:00 to 19:00)
Or join the Mukuru live chat on the application page (Monday to Sunday, 07:00 to 19:00)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.