Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) Thapelo Madibeng Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CETA
The Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA), formed in the year 2000, is aimed at positively influencing training and skills development within the construction industry. They are responsible for initiating skills projects and learnerships to develop and improve the human resources within the country, as well as the construction workforce
Accredited as an Education and Training Quality Assurance (ETQA), the CETA’s mission is to develop a strong base of skills as the foundation for economic empowerment and infrastructural development. The construction industry is made up of 4 sub-sectors, including Materials Manufacturing; Built Environment Professions; Building Construction and Roads and Civil Construction.
The CETA has recently renamed the bursary programme to the “Thapelo Madibeng Bursary” in memory of the late Mr Thapelo Madibeng, a core business executive who sadly passed away in August 2018.
ABOUT THE CETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) is inviting students to apply for the Thapelo Madibeng Bursary Scheme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate (including Masters and above) studies, towards the following construction-related qualifications:
Public University studies:
- Architecture (National Diploma)
- Architecture (BSc degree)
- Building Arts (BA degree)
- Civil Engineering (BSc degree)
- Construction Economics (BSc degree)
- Construction Management (BSc degree)
- Construction Studies (BSc degree)
- Geomatics (BSc degree)
- Property Development (BSc degree)
- Quantity Surveying (BSc degree)
- Urban and Regional Planning (BSc degree)
University of Technology studies:
- Building (National Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying (National Diploma)
- Real Estate (National Diploma)
- Surveying (National Diploma)
TVET College studies:
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction (NCV)
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction (Level 2 to 4) (NCV)
MORE ABOUT THE CETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the CETA Thapelo Madibeng Bursary.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, books, accommodation, meals and any other expenses deemed necessary for completing the qualification eg. fieldwork/ research costs/ laboratory costs etc (at the discretion of the CETA).
Bursary funding will be equal to a maximum of R120 000 per student, per year, for the duration of the recipient’s studies.
Bursaries are reviewed annually and may be renewed if students academic performance is satisfactory (as well as any other applicable additional criteria at the discretion of the CETA).
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CETA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be 35 years old or younger if applying for Undergraduate studies (there is no age limit for Postgraduate students)
- You must be studying full-time towards one of the construction-related qualifications listed above, at the Undergraduate or Postgraduate level
- You must be registered to study at a public institution (University, University of Technology or TVET College) in South Africa
- You must NOT be receiving funding from a CETA funded entity
- You must NOT be receiving funding from NSFAS or any other public funding scheme
- You must NOT be an immediate family member of a CETA employee
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for Physical Science in Matric
- You must have NOT failed more than 2 subjects
- Your parents or guardians must NOT earn more than R350 000 per year
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CETA BURSARY
Applications must be done at CETA Thapelo Madibeng Bursary Application 2022
Candidates must Register an account by filling in their full name, email address, cellphone number and password.
After registering an account, candidates must log in with their email address or cellphone number and password.
If you are having trouble applying, please read the procedure to register for the CETA Thapelo Madibeng Bursary (.pdf) document.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ Matric June results (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution (on letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit declaration if unemployed, proof of social grant or pension if applicable, doctors certificate if permanently disabled, death certificate if deceased) (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CETA BURSARY
4 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact CETA directly:
Contact People: Kgomotso Motang / Tshwarelo
Tel: 011 265 5934
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
****SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES BY MONTH
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December