M2m Financial and Pricing Analyst Vacancy In South Africa
M2m Financial and Pricing Analyst Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV.
Financial and Pricing Analyst – Cape Town
The Financial and Pricing Analyst is responsible for proposal budgeting, cost and pricing analysis and financial analysis. This includes the administration and application of various financial tools and work processes required to run and improve the organisations financial and operational performance. The Financial and Pricing Analyst will also be responsible for providing financial management and administration support to the South Africa projects.
Key Performance Areas:
· Provide support to the Business Development, International Operations and Program Teams in the development of proposal budgets
· Coordinate the timely review and internal approval of proposal budgets as it related to the proposal development process
· Maintain a cost and pricing schedule to support the preparation of proposal budgets
· Maintain a proposal budget tool
· Collaborate with the Programs Department and Head Office Finance teams to determine costs drivers of m2m’s business and develop a framework for defining m2m’s products
· Support the Finance Manager and Finance Director in calculating the cost of each of m2m’s products
Provide financial support to the Head Office Departments
· Provide financial accounting, management support and assistance to the senior programme staff and heads of departments, including updating and monitoring of budgets in Adaptive
· Preparation and analysis of monthly Budget vs Actual Reports for head office departments
· LOE management of head office staff including, updating LOE data on budgeting software and review and analysis of budgeted LOE vs Actual LOE charged
· Preparation of Annual Budget for HO Departments
· Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data, reports, financial narrative and variance analysis when necessary to Heads of departments
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or accounting
· Cost and Management Accounting experience
· 5 years’ experience in a budgeting and financial analysis role
· Sound business and technical acumen
· Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
· Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
· Strong Analytical thinker
· Ability to rationalize work, apply advanced systems to simplify work and negotiate systems improvements, propose solutions to make best use of staff and financial resources
· Experience with Financial Management tools and systems
· Previous experience in a multi-national organization at head office level preferred
· Knowledge of institutional donor requirements; EC, DFID, UN partner agreements, SIDA, USAID, CDC, etc preferred
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on own and within various teams;
· Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce high level output consistently
· Ability to implement new initiatives and processes and do so in a collaborative manner
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://m2m.org/who-we-are/careers/ by 19 November 2021.