Gold One Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GOLD ONE
Gold One Group Limited is a mining group with gold operations and gold prospects throughout Southern Africa.
Gold One Modder East Operation is the company’s flagship gold mine located in Springs, within the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality and approximately 30kms from Johannesburg. The Modder East gold mine was commissioned in 2009 and is unlike any other gold mine in South Africa due to its shallow nature (between 300 to 500 metres below the surface).
ABOUT THE GOLD ONE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Gold One Modder East Operations is inviting students from the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, to apply for their external bursary award, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Geological and Earth Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Science
- Mining Engineering
Note: the City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality includes the following towns/ cities (listed in alphabetical order): Alberton, Bedfordview, Benoni, Birchleigh, Boksburg, Brakpan, Clayville, Daveyton, Dunnottar, Edenvale, Geduld, Germiston, Katlehong, Kempton Park, Kwa-Thema, Machenzieville, Nigel, Olifantsfontein, Springs, Tembisa, Tokoza, Vosloorus and Vorsterkroon.
MORE ABOUT THE GOLD ONE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will NOT provide cover for the following expenses (these will be for the student’s own account): short courses, meals, transport and monthly stipends/ living expenses.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview and screening based on academic performance. If you do not receive any feedback within 30 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GOLD ONE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipal areas
- You must be studying or registered to study towards a qualification in one of the fields above
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised tertiary institution within South Africa
- You must have a clear criminal record
- Preference will be given to students residing within mine hosting communities (Springs, Benoni, Brakpan and Nigel, as well as townships of these towns)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GOLD ONE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Gold One Bursary Application 2022
Candidates will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (certified copy)
- Formal quotations for all study-related expenses (certified copy)
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GOLD ONE BURSARY
10 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Gold One directly:
Tel: 011 730 7600
Email: email@example.com / Communications@gold1.co.za