Concor Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CONCOR
Concor, previously known as Murray & Roberts Construction, was formed in 1902 in the Western Cape Province of South Africa. After the acquisition of Murray & Roberts Construction and Public Investment Corporation (PIC), the company re-branded and renamed to Concor.
Today, Concor is one of the top black-owned infrastructure and buildings service companies in the country, as well as one of the biggest in the construction sector of South Africa and the sub-Saharan Africa. It consists of 7 business units namely: Concor Buildings; Concor Developments; Concor Power; Concor Plant; Concor Infrastructure; Concor Opencast Mining and Concor Western Cape.
The company employs over 3400 staff members and has its main delivery centers within South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. Concor Construction has been involved in numerous large projects across the country, including the Huguenot Tunnel; Hugo’s River Viaduct; Bloukrans Bridge; the Ingula power station reservoir; Menlyn Shopping Center; Carlton Centre; Melrose Arch and the Absa Towers.
ABOUT THE CONCOR BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
- Civil Engineering (B.Sc./ B.Eng./ Advanced Diploma)
- Health and Safety (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying (B.Sc./ Advanced Diploma)
Each year, Concor awards bursaries for studies within the construction, engineering, built environment and safety management fields, for students entering their 2nd or later year of study.
ABOUT THE CONCOR BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide full cover for tuition fees and an allowance for accommodation.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONCOR BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 30 years old
- You must be studying full time towards one of the qualifications listed above
- You must have completed your first year of study (at the minimum)
- You must be entering your 2nd or higher year of study in 2022
- You must be studying at a recognized and accredited University or University of Technology in South Africa
- You must NOT currently be in receipt of any other bursary funding
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CONCOR BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Concor Bursary Application: Civil Engineering
Concor Bursary Application: Health and Safety
Concor Bursary Application: Quantity Surveying
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including most recent results/ transcripts (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of registration at University or University of Technology for the 2022 academic year
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CONCOR BURSARY
5 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Concor directly:
Tel: 011 590 5500
Support team contact – Tel: 010 140 3099 / Email: email@example.com