Black Mountain Study Trust Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BLACK MOUNTAIN
Black Mountain Mining (BMM), owned by Exxaro Resources and Vedanta-Zinc International (VZI), is located in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. The mine has been operating since 1980 but was acquired by Vedanta Resources from Anglo-American in 2010.
BMM is currently comprised of a processing plant and 2 underground shafts (Swartberg Shafts and Deeps Shafts). The Swartberg shaft produces lead, copper and silver (as a by-product), while the Deeps shaft produces lead, copper, zinc and silver (as a by-product)
BMM employs approximately 1500 staff members at their current operations. They are one of the biggest private-sector employers within the Northern Cape, and around 80% of their employees are originally from the Northern Cape.
ABOUT THE BLACK MOUNTAIN STUDY TRUST / VEDANTA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Black Mountain Study Trust is inviting students from the Khai-Ma Municipal area, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Degree or Diploma studies, within the following fields:
- Medical (Dietitian, Nursing, Occupational Therapy and more)
- Social Work
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BLACK MOUNTAIN STUDY TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must permanently reside within the Khai-Ma Municipal area, in the Northern Cape Province
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Degree or Diploma qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized and accredited University in South Africa, in 2022
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BLACK MOUNTAIN STUDY TRUST BURSARY
Alternatively, application forms are also available at:
- high schools in Aggeneys and Pofadder
- Khai-Ma Municipal offices in Onseepkans and Witbank
- CLO Offices in Pella and Pofadder
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full university academic record, including latest results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of University registration or admission for 2022
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org AND CSRRequests@vedantaresources.co.za
(Insert the words “Black Mountain Study Trust Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BLACK MOUNTAIN STUDY TRUST BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Black Mountain Study Trust directly:
Contact person: Mr HJS Stone
Tel: 027 712 3491
Email: email@example.com / CSRRequests@vedantaresources.co.za