SPEBS (SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme) South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAICE
The South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE), founded in 1903, is a society of approximately 8000 members, not just civil engineers but also technologists and technicians.
The institute was originally founded as the Cape Society of Civil Engineers (CSCE), but later in 1910, it changed names to the South African Society of Civil Engineers (SASCE) and again in 1948 when it became the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE).
Members of the SAICE plan, provide and maintain all infrastructure that is used in the daily activities of modern society.
ABOUT THE SPEBS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) is inviting students to apply for their SPEBS (SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme) bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Each year, the company awards bursaries for Civil Engineering studies (Degree or National Diploma).
The bursary was founded in 1992, administered by the South African Institution of Civil Engineering, to provide financial assistance to academically deserving students.
MORE ABOUT THE SPEBS BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded to the maximum value of R6 500 per student per semester – this funding is intended to assist students with paying for registration fees, tuition and prescribed books.
Bursaries are awarded per semester, based on academic merit. Bursary recipients may be funded until the completion of their qualification, depending on academic performance and the availability of funds.
Successful candidates will receive feedback during March 2022 or September 2022, when they will be required to provide certified proof of registration. Funding will be paid directly to the tertiary institution.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SPEBS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a Civil Engineering qualification (Degree or National Diploma)
- You must have passed and completed all previous subjects
- Degree students: you must have passed first semester exams – the bursary will sponsor 2nd, 3rd and 4th-year students
- National Diploma students: you must have passed S1/ first level exams – the bursary will sponsor S2, S3 and S4 students
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have proven financial need
- You must have a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SPEBS BURSARY
Download and complete the SPEBS Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including most recent results (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (certified copy) (successful applicants only)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: email@example.com
– Fax: 011 805 5971
SAICE Career Guidance
Private Bag X200
CLOSING DATES FOR THE SPEBS BURSARY
First semester: 31 January 2022.
Second semester: 31 July 2022.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SAICE directly:
SAICE – SPEBS Desk
Contact Persons: Fridah Mahlangu
Tel: 011 805 5947
Fax: 011 805 5971
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND