Gauteng Department of e-Government Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF E-GOVERNMENT
Gauteng Department of e-Government Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024; The Gauteng Department of e-Government is responsible for rolling out network infrastructure that will connect government facilities, improve service delivery, modernise the public service and stimulate the province’s knowledge-based economy, within the Gauteng City-Region (GCR).
ABOUT THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF E-GOVERNMENT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Gauteng Department of e-Government is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Gauteng province, for studies within these fields:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Graphic Design
- Informatics and Information Systems
- Information Technology (IT)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Multimedia and Interactive Media
- Software Engineering
- Software Development
MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF GAUTENG E-GOVERNMENT BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books and/or study materials.
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Gauteng Department of e-Government Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF E-GOVERNMENT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- You must reside within the Gauteng province
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification, within one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be registered/ admitted to study at a SAQA-accredited tertiary education institution within South Africa (University or University of Technology)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for the subjects aligned with your chosen qualification
- You must be in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF E-GOVERNMENT BURSARY
Download and complete the Gauteng Department of e-Government Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Ngfinders.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Gauteng Department of e-Government Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document/ ID card (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- 2022 full academic results/ record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence in Gauteng
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (3 months latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ death certificate if deceased) (certified copies)
- A motivational letter stating why you are enrolling for your selected qualification (signed by yourself and parent or guardian) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Applications must be delivered to:
Directorate: Human Resource Management
75 Fox Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF E-GOVERNMENT BURSARY
28 November 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng Department of e-Government directly:
Contact person 1: Refiloe Ntsoelikane (Tel: 011 689 6054 / Email: Refiloe.Ntsoelikane@gauteng.gov.za)
Contact person 2: Fezisa Mfo (Tel: 011 689 6074 / Email: Fezisa.Mfo@gauteng.gov.za)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.