Gauteng Film Commission (GFC) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GFC
The Gauteng Film Commission (GFC) is an agency of the Gauteng Provincial Government and a member of the Association of Film Commissioners International. The GFC develops; promotes and coordinates the film and television production industry in the Gauteng province of South Africa.
The main goal of the GFC is to market Gauteng as a top international destination for film-making and to attract investment and economic growth from local and international clientele into the film and television industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Gauteng Film Commission (GFC) is inviting students who reside in Gauteng, between the ages of 18 and 30, to apply for their bursary programme. Students who are passionate about following a career in Film, Audio Visual or Television and are pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies in these fields may apply:
- Motion Pictures
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Public Relations
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees only.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside in Gauteng province
- Must be between 18 and 30 years old
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be interested in following a career in Film / Audio Visual / Television
- Must be registered for Undergraduate or Postgraduate studies in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must be registered for full-time or part-time studies at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Must NOT have received any SETA sponsorship programmes in the past
- Must demonstrate financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online here:
(Please note: you will need to scroll down the page until you reach the bursary application form).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy) (not older than 3 months)
- Matric certificate/ latest results (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance from a tertiary institution in SA (on institutions letterhead)
- Breakdown of annual study fees from the institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Proof of residence in Gauteng (municipality letter or sworn affidavit)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ bank statements if self-employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension or grant if applicable – copies must be certified) (not older than 6 months)
15 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng Film Commission (GFC) directly:
Tel: 010 0070 483