UWC/ INSETA Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – UWC & INSETA
In 1960, the University of the Western Cape (UWC) was established. UWC is an institution that is committed to excellence in teaching, learning, research, and innovation on a global scale. The university has over 23 000 students enrolled, engaging in a number of undergraduate and postgraduate studies provided at the university’s faculties. UWC also holds 2400 academic professionals and support staff.
UWC is a national university, combining both international and African contexts in its mission. They aim to create an establishment that promotes knowledge and is committed to first-class learning, teaching, and researching- ensuring that the diverse South African culture is preserved whilst responding to the creative and critical needs of society. UWC aims to have a prominent academic role in creating a world that is both equitable and dynamic. The main mission of UWC is to ensure that the talented and bright students of South Africa are granted the opportunity to partake in matters of significance to the best of their knowledge.
The Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (INSETA) is an official education and training and authority in South Africa, whose goal is to increase the quantity and quality of critical and scarce skills within the insurance sector. INSETA provides a range of skill development and training programmes such as bursaries, learnerships and internships, to help bridge the gap of skilled workers within the Insurance sector.
ABOUT THE UWC/ INSETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
UWC is inviting undergraduate and postgraduate students, pursuing studies at the university, to apply for the INSETA bursary programme. The bursary is intended for studies towards an NQF Level 6 to 8 qualification, for the 2021 academic year.
Students pursuing studies towards the following qualifications may apply:
- Accounting (BCom or BAdmin)
- Data Science/ Data Analyst
- Economics (BCom or BAdmin)
- Finance (BCom or BAdmin)
- Financial Planning (Loss Adjustor)
- Information Technology
- Insurance (BCom or BAdmin)
- Investments (BCom or BAdmin)
- Law Degrees (with specialisation in any of the following: Financial Planning, Insurance or Pension Fund)
- Risk (BCom or BAdmin)
- * as well as Postgraduate and Honours studies in any of the above areas
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, and accommodation.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UWC/ INSETA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 35 years old
- You must be unemployed
- You must be a registered undergraduate or postgraduate student at UWC
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for the previous year of study
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be receiving any other study funding
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UWC/ INSETA BURSARY
Download and complete the UWC INSETA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Identity Document (certified copy)
- Matric Certificate, for 1st-year students (certified copy)
- Official academic transcript, for senior students
- Proof of registration at UWC
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Mrs Afiesa Duarte: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “UWC INSETA Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UWC/ INSETA BURSARY
21 May 2021 (at 16:30).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered).
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact UWC directly:
Contact Person: Mrs Afiesa Duarte
Tel: 021 959 2310