Thaba Chweu Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – THABA CHWEU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Thaba Chweu Local Municipality Bursary South Africa | The Thaba Chweu Local Municipality is located in the Ehlanzeni District Municipality, in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa. The Category B municipality is 1 of 4 municipalities in the district.
The Thaba Chweu Local Municipality is made up of 5 major cities/ towns, namely: Graskop, Lydenburg, Mashishing, Pilgrim’s Rest and Sabie. The area’s main economic sectors include mining, forestry, agriculture, business services and tourism.
ABOUT THE THABA CHWEU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED
The Thaba Chweu Local Municipality is inviting students to apply for the Mayoral Bursary Scheme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the municipal area, for undergraduate studies in these preferred fields:
- Engineering | Environment (including Electricity, Roads and Stormwater, Waste Management, Water and Sanitation)
- Finance, Human Resources, Accounting, Stores and Logistics Management
- Information Technology
- Town Planning, Human Settlements, Land use management, Agriculture and Forestry
- Travel and Tourism
MORE ABOUT THE THABA CHWEU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Successful applicants will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Thaba Chweu Local Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE THABA CHWEU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Thaba Chweu Local Municipal area, in Mpumalanga
- You must be currently in Matric in 2022 or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification, within one of the preferred fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology or FET College)
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be employed by the Municipality
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE THABA CHWEU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Thaba Chweu Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Ngfinders.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Thaba Chweu Local Municipality Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest report, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit if informally employed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable) (certified copies)
- Proof of acceptance from a tertiary institution, for 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted to:
Office of the Mayor
Lydenburg Civic Centre
Corner or Sentraal and Viljoen streets
Alternatively, applications may be submitted to the Municipal Unit Managers in:
- Northern Areas: No. 01, Crn R532 and Matibidi Main Road, Matibidi, 1274
- Graskop: Cnr Main and Louis Trichard Street, Graskop, 1270
- Sabie: 8th Avenue Street, Sabie, 1260
- Mashishing: 1193, Blio Street, Mashishing, 1123
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FEMEF SCHOLARSHIP
31 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE PROGRAMME PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Thaba Chweu Local Municipality directly:
Office of the Executive
Telephone: 013 235 7325 / 013 235 7408
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.