SIOC Community Development Trust (SIOC-cdt) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SIOC-CDT
The Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust (SIOC-CDT) was formed by Kumba Iron Ore Limited in the year 2006, in order to invest in developing the communities within which the company operates.
Since the bursary programme was implemented, SIOC-CDT has provided over 550 bursaries to deserving underprivileged students in its beneficiary communities, to complete their studies at higher education institutions across the country.
ABOUT THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The SIOC Community Development Trust is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries are available for studies within these fields:
- Agriculture (specialisation: Agricultural Economics / Agricultural engineer food technologist / Environmental officer / Food technician / Livestock product analyst / Veterinarian)
- Business management and economics (specialisation: Accounting / Actuarial Science / Auditing and Tax / Economics / Project Management / Statistics and mathematics)
- Education (specialisation: BEd. Foundation Phase / BEd.Natural Science / BEd. FET Mathematics / BEd. FET Physical Science / Economics and Management Science / BEd. Language / BEd. Special Needs)
- Engineering and Science (specialisation: Architecture / Civil Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Environmental health / Geology / Quantity Surveying / Town planning)
- Health and clinical related sciences (specialisation: Advanced EMS / Biochemistry / Chemical, Biological, Medical Lab sciences / Dentistry / MBChB / Nursing / Pharmacy)
- Information Technology (specialisation: Computer Sciences and communication / Data Science or Analytics / Software Development / Web design and development)
- Law (specialisation: LLB)
- Tourism (specialisation: Arts and Culture Heritage / Ecotourism Management / Hospitality Management)
Note: students pursuing studies in other fields may also apply, however students pursuing studies in the fields above will receive preference.
MORE ABOUT THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed study material, accommodation and a stipend each quarter. Students with disabilities will also receive assistive devices to enhance their learning.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and required to attend interviews, to ensure they satisfy the financial and other requirements. If you have not received any feedback by 1 March 2022, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 35 years old
- You must reside in or originate from a beneficiary area: Gamagara Local Municipality (Northern Cape), Ga-Segonyana Local Municipality (Northern Cape), Tsantsabane Local Municipality (Northern Cape), Joe Morolong Local Municipality (Northern Cape) or Thabazimbi Local Municipality (Limpopo)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%, in your most recent academic results
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised public institution (University/ University of Technology/ TVET/ FET College) in South Africa
- You must be in need of financial assistance (based on household income)
- Preference will be given to students with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY
Download and complete the SIOC Community Development Trust (SIOC-cdt) Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Application forms can also be collected from SIOC-CDT offices (in Kathu or Thabazimbi Hub – address below) or circuit office of the Department of Education.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric September results, if you have not yet received your Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if available (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a public tertiary institute
- Motivational letter to support your application (1 page)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residence (rates account/ statement of water and lights)
- Medical note explaining type of disability, if applicable
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SIOC-cdt Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Mr Innocent Makoti
P.O. Box 30632
– Hand delivery:
SIOC-cdt Office Park
Cnr Hendrick Van Eck and Ian Flemming Roads
Thabazimbi Business Hub
11 Jourdan Street
Note: Please ensure that your application is received by the SIOC Community Development Trust by the closing date, if you are submitting your application via post.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY
31 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the SIOC Community Development Trust directly:
Contact Person: Mr Innocent Makoti
Tel: 053 723 1479