Capsicum Culinary Studio Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CAPSICUM CULINARY STUDIO
Capsicum Culinary Studio, founded in 2003, is the leading professional chef education and training institution across Southern Africa. The schools professional programmes are internationally approved by City & Guilds (UK), which allows graduates to enter into the global marketplace.
With 6 campuses, located in the following areas: Rosebank, Boksburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban, Capsicum offers full time and part-time courses.
Capsicum offers full time and part-time courses, including Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking, Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking, Diploma in Patisserie, Advanced Diploma in Culinary Arts, Programme in Chocolate Arts and Confectionery.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE
Capsicum Culinary Studio will be awarding bursaries to the value of R740 000 in their Chef Talent Scout Competition, for students who wish to become the next Capsicum Chef.
The bursary will allow students to study towards the 3 years Advanced Culinary Arts Programme at their nearest Capsicum branch (to the value of R200,000) (find out more about the programme here: https://www.capsicumcooking.com/chef-programme).
The bursary will only cover study expenses, NOT transport and accommodation.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
The selection process will include the following steps:
1) Regional finalists will be announced on 9 December 2020.
2) Finalists will be participating in a local cook-off on their nearest campus on 20 January 2021.
3) Each local campus winner will compete in the national cook-off held at the Rosebank campus (any national finalists from outside of Gauteng will be sponsored to travel to Johannesburg for the final cook-off).
4) The final cook-off will include finalists working with ingredients from a mystery basket, on 6 February 2021.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric in 2019 or 2020
- 17 years (will be 18 in 2021) and older
- Have a passion for cooking
- Studying one of Capsicum’s internationally-recognised courses in 2021
- NOT a previous winners of The Chef Talent Scout competition
- NOT currently working as a professional chef and have NEVER worked as a professional chef
- The main source of income does NOT come from preparing and cooking fresh food in a professional environment (restaurants, hotels, canteens, catering, etc)
- OT a relative of a Capsicum staff member
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who wish to apply for this bursary must follow these steps:
1) Fill in your details on the Capsicum website here: https://www.capsicumcooking.com/chef-talent-scout
2) Cook a dish with a red element or red capsicum
3) Upload a picture of your dish on Instagram, tagging Capsicum (@capiscumcooking) and using the hashtag #CapsicumTalent
(Please follow all these steps carefully – ensure that you tag and hashtag correctly to be entered).
Selected candidates will be required to submit the following supporting documentation:
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at Capsicum Culinary Studio
- Proof of household income
30 November 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Capsicum Culinary Studio directly:
Tel: 086 111 2433