General Electric Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GENERAL ELECTRIC
General Electric (GE), funded in 1892, is an American multinational corporation and one of the largest and most diversified companies on the globe. Headquartered in Boston, the USA, the companies subsidiaries include Aviation, Renewable Energy, Lighting, Power, Additive, Capital, Healthcare, Global Research, Digital and Ventures.
GE has been in operation in South Africa since 1898, and the Johannesburg office was the first overseas office opened outside of the USA. GE South Africa currently has a staff force of around 600 employees, in businesses across the companies key sectors.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
General Electric will be awarding bursaries to students within the following fields:
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and a stipend.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised South African tertiary institution
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in current studies
- Proven financial need
- NOT in receipt of funding from another institution
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the General Electric Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Confirmation of registration/ acceptance (on university letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA letter if on pension)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to GESA.Bursaries@ge.com
(Insert the words “General Electric Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact General Electric directly:
Contact Person: Tsietsi Madileng