Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
The Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality is situated in Limpopo Province, within the Sekhukhune District Municipality. The Category B4 municipality is bordered by Elias Motsoaledi, Fetakgomo, Ephraim Mogale and Lepelle Nkumpi Municipality. The meaning behind the naming of the Municipality is that Makhuduthamaga means “executives” – a term for the Fetakgomo movement in the ’50s.
The rural municipality is powered by traditional land ownership, has a population of more than 270 000 residents and over 65 000 households. The Municipality is spread over an area of more than 2000sqm and the main language is spoken across the main areas is Sepedi.
ABOUT THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality is inviting students residing within the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipal area, to apply for their Mayoral bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies within these fields:
- Accounting (BCom)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Economics (BCom)
- Environmental Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Waste Management
Candidates will be selected based on 2 main criteria: academic excellence and financial need.
MORE ABOUT THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide full cover for the following expenses: registration fee, tuition fees, study materials, accommodation in student residence and meals.
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality Bursary.
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality area, in Limpopo Province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate qualification within one of the fields above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a registered and accredited institution of higher learning within South Africa (check if your institution is registered here: https://www.dhet.gov.za/)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Download and complete the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or progress report (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, affidavit if unemployed, latest financial statements if self-employed, certified death certificates if deceased)
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
Municipal head office (HRD office)
1 Groblersdal Road
(Monday to Friday, 07:30 to 16:30)
Private Bag X434
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
2 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality directly:
Contact person: Mpogeng TM
Tel: 013 265 8616 / 013 265 8658
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES