Mopani District Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MOPANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
The Mopani District Municipality is named after the Mopani Worm found in Giyani, which is a high nutritious worm that is cooked by locals in different ways and an essential element of local cuisine.
Located in the Limpopo province, Mopani is one of the 5 districts within the province and has its seat in Giyani. Mopani is home to over 1 million residents and is well known for its wildlife (which include the Big 5), waterfalls, forests, mountains and trout streams. It is also part of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park, the park where South Africa meets Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
ABOUT THE MOPANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Mopani District Municipality is inviting students who reside in the Mopani District Municipal Area, to apply for the executive mayor’s bursary fund, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for ALL fields of study, at the undergraduate level.
MORE ABOUT THE MOPANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 31 March 2022 – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Mopani District Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MOPANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Mopani Municipal area, in Limpopo province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a Bachelor admission pass in Matric
- You must have been accepted to study towards an undergraduate qualification, in 2022
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Students who have completed their 1st year of study may apply, with a strong motivational letter
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and students living with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MOPANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Mopani District Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Application forms can also be collected at any of the following locations: Giyani District Office, Fire Stations and Satellite Offices (including the Tzaneen Disaster Management Centre).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ admission (on institutes letterhead)
- Full detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded a bursary
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, bank statements if self-employed, proof of grant or pension if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of Residence (to be signed by Traditional Authority and Ward Councillor)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Municipal Manager
Mopani District Municipality
Private Bag x9687
– Hand delivery:
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MOPANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
4 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Mopani District Municipality directly:
Contact People: Mr RJ Makhananisa
Tel: 015 811 6300 / 078 223 9526