Knysna Municipality Mayoral Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY
Knysna Municipality Mayoral Bursary South Africa | The Knysna Local Municipality is situated in the middle of the Garden Route, known to locals as the gem of the Garden Route. Knysna is located within the southern region of the Western Cape Province, between the Outeniqua Mountains and the Indian Ocean. The Municipality includes the areas of Brenton, Buffalo Bay, Karatara, Noetzie, Rheenendal and Sedgefield.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Knysna Municipality is inviting students who reside within the Knysna Municipal District, to apply for the Mayoral Social Relief and Bursary Fund, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within scarce skills areas, including Engineering and Science.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees (a portion of, not the full amount), book allowance (up to a certain amount), examination fee, accommodation (if students can prove they need it). Awards will be paid directly to tertiary institutions.
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Knysna Municipal District (Brenton, Buffalo Bay, Karatara, Noetzie, Rheenendal and Sedgefield)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a qualification within a scarce skills sector, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students in financial needy and those from historically disadvantaged communities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Knysna Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent College, University or tertiary results, if currently studying (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (the latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension advice if on pension, proof of grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Proof of residence
- Institutions banking details (on institutions’ letterhead)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
P.O. Box 21
2) Hand delivery:
5 Clyde Street
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
7 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Knysna Municipality directly:
Tel: 044 302 6355 / 044 302 6300
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
During office hours (Monday to Thursday: 07h30 to 13h00 or 13h30 to 16h30, Friday: 07h30 to 13h30)
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND