Musina Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MUSINA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
The Musina Local Municipality, located in the north of Limpopo and close to the Beit Bridge border, consists of 12 wards and 24 councilors.
The town of Musina was developed around the copper mining industry, but today their economic strengths include diamond mining and game farms (Kruger National Park, Musina Nature Reserve, the Big Tree and Mapungubwe National Park), as well as tourist attraction sites.
With a population of around 132 000 people, Musina has been declared a growth point by the Provincial government, although most of the population reside in townships, farms and rural settlements.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Musina Local Municipality will be awarding bursaries, known as the Mayor’s Bursary Fund, within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Financial Accounting
- Public Administration
- Project Management
- Information Technology
- Town Planning
- Economic and Business Management
- Environmental Science
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fee, prescribed textbooks and accommodation.
Bursary recipients will be required to take up a service contract with the municipality after graduation – the contract period will be anywhere between 1 year and the number of years of funding received.
The bursary committee will contact successful applicants in writing and telephonically – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Musina Local Municipality
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at one of the following institutions: Capricorn TVET College/ Madzivhandila Agricultural College/ T.U.T (Polokwane Campus)/ Vhembe TVET College/ UNISA/ Univen/ University of Limpopo
- Parents/ guardians earn less than R3500 per month/ are unemployed/ are classified as indigent
- NOT a child of a councilor or official
- *Preference will be given to students who have completed Matric
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Musina Local Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ acceptance to study at one of the above institutions
- Proof of residence (rates account/ statement of water and lights)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents/ birth certificates (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardian affidavit
- Reference letter from school principal
Applications must be posted to:
21 Irwin Street
18 December 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Musina Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mulalo Ndou
Tel: 072 383 1341 / 015 534 6100