Inscape Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – INSCAPE
Inscape Education Group is a Non‐Profit Company and is South Africa’s oldest privately-owned multi-disciplinary creative arts institution. The institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), and has been providing accredited courses (degrees, diplomas and higher certificates) within the creative sector and built environment, for more than 3 decades. Students have the option to study at an of the campuses in South Africa (located in Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Pretoria, Midrand and Durban), in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, as well as via distance or online learning.
The Inscape Scholarship Programme was established in 2014 and since it was formed, it has awarded over R11 million worth of scholarship funding.
ABOUT THE INSCAPE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Inscape is inviting students, to apply for the bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. The scholarship is available for studies at any national Inscape campus, for any of the accredited courses at Inscape Education Group, including all:
- Bachelor of Design (specialising in: Audio Visual, Environmental Design, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Ideation, Interaction, Interior Design)
- Bachelor of Arts (Digital Marketing and Communication) (undergraduate studies only)
- Diploma courses (Graphic Design, Interior Design)
- Higher Certificate courses (Architectural Technology, Design Techniques, Fashion Design, Interior Decorating)
Students can find out more about the courses offered at Inscape here
ABOUT THE INSCAPE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & RENEWAL
The scholarship will provide anywhere between full (100%) and partial (50%) cover for tuition fees, and a first-year study pack (which consists of: textbooks, stationery, art equipment, a Macbook or laptop, Wifi, Software and licenses, Wacom tablet, online library subscription and a Lynda.com subscription)
The scholarship will NOT provide cover for the following expenses: administration fees, accommodation, transport, parking fees, monthly consumables, insurance on devices and transfer or re-submission fees.
The scholarship will be awarded for 1 year of study at a time, however the bursary is renewable should students satisfy the academic requirements. Degree and Diploma scholarship holders may reapply for funding, based on achieving satisfactory results in the 1st and 2nd year of study. Higher certificate scholarship holders may reapply for funding if they intend on pursuing a Degree and Diploma at Inscape.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INSCAPE SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a in possession of a valid South African ID card or book
- You must have completed Matric OR you must be currently in Matric
- You must intend on studying at any of the Inscape campuses in 2022
- You must intend on attending contact lectures at Inscape (the scholarship does NOT cover distance learning or online learning)
- You must be entering your 1st year of undergraduate studies in 2022
- You must be meet the requirements of your selected course (per your Matric NSC results/ certificate)
- You must be able to complete your studies within the minimum allocated course duration
- You must have read and agreed to all of the Inscape Scholarship terms and conditions
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INSCAPE SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be done online at: Inscape Scholarship Application 2022
Note: applications may ONLY be submitted online – no scholarship applications will be accepted at Inscape campuses.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Any other qualification certificates/ records
NOTES ABOUT THE INSCAPE SCHOLARSHIP
- Students who are currently in Matric will be required to submit their National Senior Certificate to Inscape after receiving it.
- Scholars who fail or drop out of the programme will be required to pay back the full study pack, as well as MacBook or Laptop.
- Final selection is made at Inscape’s discretion, and the award is non-transferable.
- After being offered the scholarship, candidates will have 1 week to confirm acceptance of the award, as well as to satisfy the pre-requisites of the T&C’s.
- After accepting the scholarship award, students must enrol at Inscape within 1 week of acceptance.
- Scholarship recipients are ambassadors for Inscape, therefore they may be required to satisfy the following: pass all modules, submit assignments on time, attend class regularly and punctually.
- Scholarship recipients will also be expected to partake in institutional and promotional activities on campus.
- Scholars must abide by the Inscape’s Policies and Procedures, and the student’s code of conduct (per the institutional handbook) – failure to abide by the rules and regulations will result in the scholarship and all other awards being forfeited.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE INSCAPE SCHOLARSHIP
31 October 2021 (at midnight).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Inscape directly:
Tel: 086 146 722 73